Bass Pro and addictions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
Hello

My name is Sam and I have an addiction. It's called the bass pro shops reward points.

Ever since they built the new bps in East Peoria I can't stop.

I had $30 dollars saved up in reward points and then I found out they were only good till June so I started to get nervous. I couldn't help myself worrying about not using them.

Then the enablers sent me a card good for another 500 points if I bought something between April 1st and April 12. Thats all it takes, off to bps I go.

I didn't really need anything but I thought what the heck just get some stuff so it totals a little over $30 and get the 500 bonus points to start my total again.

Hmmm chatterbaits on sale? Better get two...Plastics on sale? Well I was out of green lizards and gee, I have never tried a red color....and better get some more blue ones just in case....Oh wait check out these little spin tail grubs in white and red... surely that will catch something!
and so on and so forth.

I wonder how many studies bps has paid for to find the best way to catch a fisherman? They have me hooked and it's not a catch and release!

So, my total ended up being a little over $60 and I had to pay $31 out of my pocket when all I was going to do was use some points. LOL Still not sure who the winner is on this deal!

Anyone else have this addiction? Maybe we can start a support group? You know call someone so they can talk you down?

The man mall is very addictive love going there and building up points, but i don't think my points expire could be wrong maybe I never keep them that long??????????

fool4fish1226 said:
The man mall is very addictive love going there and building up points, but i don't think my points expire could be wrong maybe I never keep them that long??????????

I didn't think they did either but I received an email the other day wanting me to print out a $30 certificate and it said that if I didn't use it by June the points would be gone from my account. My printer is down so another reason to get nervous! LOL

I was wanting to see how high I could get my points and put them towards a fishfinder.

I'm glad bp is a 2 hour drive from me or they'd just have to out me on payroll deduction

I try and only go once a year to get everything I need for the season

What's with these points? Never heard anything about it when I pay. Last year I spent 700, that aught to be good enough for a free robo worm

BP is only 10 minutes from me and thats not a good thing! I can not go in there without spending money, its weird even if I dont NEED anything I come home with what I like to call back up stuff. #-o

I just got off the phone with a very nice customer service lady at bps.

She said my points were expiring because I was in the certificate program. Her explanation was that they had too many people that weren't using their points and this cleaned out the system periodically.

She switched me to the program where my points don't expire but I have to have some activity in a 12 month period. I told her that wasn't a problem! LOL

Half price fishfinder here I come!

Hmmm..... I better go to bps and build my points back up!

Good to know thanks, I will continue to build my points towards something I think I need. Maybe a Vanstal (Spelling?) always wanted one

Funny story about the Bass Pro Shops this weekend...

The wife and I we're out doing some shopping on Saturday looking to purchase a crib, as we are expecting our first child in September. So she had her heart set on one at a local Target. According to the webpage, the crib as in stock--however, when we got to the store, the only crib they had was the display model. So, we had to drive an hour away to find the crib. We went the next day, and picked it up--needless to say, my wife was all smiles.

On our way home, we decided to take the alternate route, and stop by BJ's Wholesale to look at some flatscreen TV's. We picked one out, and bought it! Now I was excited because I had a new 40" flat screen for the bedroom!

As we ate lunch at Wendy's, we we're talking about going to Kohl's--she had wanted to go, but I wanted to get home so I could continue to do some work in the nursery--as I wanted to get it done to enjoy the rest of my Sunday. Well I caved, and decided I would keep her happy and go to Kohl's so she could look at and purchase some maternity clothing.

SO i'm following the GPS to the Kohl's, and it sends me to the area mall--where I've never been. Right as I pull up--I see it... the Bass Pro Shop! I had never been, but I have wanted to go for years. My reaction was such pure excitement, as I almost ran a red light and was bouncing all over the car. Frankly, my wife could not believe how excited I was--I think she was a little scared. It turns out that Kohl's is actually across the street from the mall--so I had to wait my turn.

It was fantastic--but my wife put me on a 30 minute time limit. Which was not nearly enough... I ended up scoring a new bait caster (my first ever), and 3 Spro frogs... Figured I would only buy what I knew I couldn't get at my local Dicks Sporting Goods. Honestly I could have spent hours in there without even noticing. Awesome man mall!

fool4fish1226 said:
Good to know thanks, I will continue to build my points towards something I think I need. Maybe a Vanstal (Spelling?) always wanted one

Make sure you look at the Accurates, when your shopping for the Van Stahl. The new Dawg series is very nice.....those guys put a whole bunch of R&D into their products before it hits the market. I have fished both and IMO the accurate is better for the money.

I have the same issues. Recently I had to travel to Nashville to have my hip operated on. The day after the surgery I was looking out the hotel window and realized that BPS was across the street. So I got the wife, and my crutches and off we went to BPS.....

I heard that they are putting in a bass pro near where I live in the next couple of years so they can compete with cabelas in Canada. I'm screwed once they open it up. Duty and shipping changes make me hesitant to order stuff from them right now, only happens if I really want something I can't get here

parkerdog,

I have the same addiction at the same store. I find myself "swinging" by on my way home from work. I do a lap and head home. I keep drooling over the SI Huminbirds. One of these days I'll be able to afford one, one of these days.

bigwave said:
fool4fish1226 said:

Make sure you look at the Accurates, when your shopping for the Van Stahl. The new Dawg series is very nice.....those guys put a whole bunch of R&D into their products before it hits the market. I have fished both and IMO the accurate is better for the money.

I love accurates tough as nails, just something about the van's that I like (I thinks its the look of the reel)

Latest posts