My New Fishing Partner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Well....I figured it was time. Some of you may remember last fall when I had to put down my big sweety (Holly) a golden retriever. That was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to go through. I'll always miss her, and she will never be replaced....BUT......

I picked up my new pup on Sunday. She's one of 7 from a litter of pure bred goldens. Her name is Lilypad (Lily for short). Here are some pics that the breeder sent us and some that we took. She's really doing great with only a few accidents so far. Seems to get smarter every day. (wish I could say the same about me) :wink:

More proof that my life is truly blessed.

Attachments

• 3-9-12 017_lr.jpg
    3-9-12 017_lr.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 532
  • 3-9-12 018_lr.jpg
    3-9-12 018_lr.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 532
  • 3-9-12 038_lr.jpg
    3-9-12 038_lr.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 532
  • litter.jpg
    litter.jpg
    961.4 KB · Views: 532
  • Scarlet_Lilypad.jpg
    Scarlet_Lilypad.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 532
  • DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 532
  • DSC_0067.jpg
    DSC_0067.jpg
    951.1 KB · Views: 532
Stop it [-X I already have two dogs......puppy pics get me every time.......I love them.....I will not get a puppy, I will not get a puppy, I will not get a puppy......just awesome. Sorry to hear about your old girl, but she is in a better place now im sure.

thats one good lookin dog... time will tell how she will do..I feel fortunate to be part of her extended family....Nice doggie!

How cute, I love puppies but my wife won't let me have one. :( Wonder if I can convience her I need a fishing partner?

Great looking pup, guess I'll have to come by and rub her litle ears.....

Congrats!

I sit here writting this as I am dog sitting. WE have 2 Shih Tzu's, and I dog sitting an Austrialian Shepard puppy, a 4 yr old Border Collie, and a 4 yr old Black Lab. LAb is the only male in the bunch and he rules the house. Man I love to get them wound up and send them home. :mrgreen:

I have a Male Golden Retriever and a Chespeake Bay/Lab Mix. I'm going to take them out fishing with me. But that pup is so cute.

Thanks guys.....

Gramps.....come on by anytime! Well....maybe you should call first. I go out fishing a lot. :LOL2:

Chris - Every Pup/Dog Is Special, And Makes It's "Owner" Special Most Every Day By Just Being Part Of The Family. Congrats On The New Fishing ( And Day By Day ) Partner.

I Had An English Sitter Spaniel That I Could NOT Keep Out Of The Water; Brittney Would Stand In A Rain Puddle Just To Drink From It. . . And Would "Abandon Ship" Just To Jump In. Had To Put Her Down Several Years Ago. :cry: Still Miss Her.

We Now Have A Black Lab, Katie, That LOVES To See The Boat Getting Hitched Up So She Can Go To The Lake ( She Lets Us Go Along With Her ), But She Is More Than Happy To Just Stay Aboard, Rather Than Swim. 8)

Doubt I Need To Remind You, But Take Lots Of Pics .

I am a dog guy. I prefer dogs to most people. The only down side is that we outlive them. I am sorry about Holly, but that is one nice looking Pup. I have a LabraDoodle. 1/2 Lab and 2/3 Doodle....she runs the house...my best friend...

George

Hey Chris...you already know how happy I am for you and Lilypad. I just wanted to add that I hope you will keep posting pictures so we can see her grow. :D :) :) :)

BassGeek54 said:
Hey Chris...you already know how happy I am for you and Lilypad. I just wanted to add that I hope you will keep posting pictures so we can see her grow. :D :) :) :)

I'll do that. Thanks again!

Just one photo update today. This was taken on Easter Sunday after a long day of playing with all my nieces/nephews and their (3 other) dogs. My daughter is holding Lily while she sleeps soundly.

Attachments

• DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    960.6 KB · Views: 427
JamesM56alum said:
**** dude what camera are you using, the picture's are absolutely crystal clear. Some of the best quality pic's i'v seen in awhile.

That was my Nikon D40X with my 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S Nikkor Zoom Lens.

Congrats! Goldens make great fishing partners :D

300003_10150296183327884_500042883_7664800_5850826_n.jpg

Latest posts