When did you take your kid for the first time?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahunter

Reaction score
I have a 3-1/2 week old little boy at home and he keeps telling me to take him fishing but I tell him he's too young :) when did you take your youngan for the first time?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334142404.747040.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334142404.747040.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 417
I am having the same dilemma with my 3 month old boy. we will have him in the boat some this summer though.

I had my daughter out when she was 3 and she did great !!! She's 25 now and doesn't fish at all. Here's a shot of her first (3) and last (17) fishing outings.

Attachments

• Fishing - Stages.jpg
    Fishing - Stages.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 401
Congrats on the new addition!
I took my son fishing for the first time a month before he turn 3. His first fish was a 12" brown trout.
IMG_0367.jpg

The first time on the boat was this year a few months shy of 5, but this is my first year with a boat. This is what happened though! Lol
[youtube]0LSMsQsqPno[/youtube]

I have a 7 mo. old. Get yourself one of those baby bjorn strap-on baby carriers and you can take him fishing TODAY. :)
My wife is back to work and gets home late, so I'm on baby duty from when I get off work at 4 till she gets home around 7. Sometimes he gets fussy and our trips are short, but at least we are out doing something. Just keep the sun off his skin and don't use lures with treble hooks.

I had my daughter out in the boat at 1 yr, just riding around though. This spring (2 yrs on 3-26) she has been crappie fishing with me several times. She really enjoys watching the minnows in the bucket and kissing the fish before we throw them back. She even fell out this february when the water temp was 50, luckily we were close to the ramp and got her dry quick. The wife still hassles me about that one :LOL2: Just plan on watching your kid and any fishing you get in is a bonus. Hopefully by the time she is 6/7, she'll be way into it.

When my son was 4 I took him to a family fishing event at a wildlife stocked event. He caught lots of catfish and has loved it ever since.

One month old. She absolutely loves the aquariums at the MN Zoo, MOA, Duluth and Cabela's!

Attachments

• DSC_0538_1.jpg
    DSC_0538_1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 364
  • DSC_0555.jpg
    DSC_0555.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 364
:USA1: I Took my son fishing at Dale hollow Lake at 3. Took my Grand Girl to Barren River Lake at 3. :lol: