What in the world is going on with this weather..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM56alum

Reaction score
Farmington, minnesota "Orginally Pensacola, F
It was 65 for the high today and really sunny, now next week they'er talking about an inch of snow an high's in the 30's and 40's WHAT THE %^&* IS THE DEAL? i'v got a full tank of gas bait and a boat burning a hole in my garage floor just sitting there, the whole winter we had record temps above normal now we're having below normal, I HATE THE MIDWEST! the sooner i get back down south the better i will be. :|

So man up and go fishing :roll:

My first time out this year featured snow flurries, and a maximum of 20 casts per baitcasting combo before my line guiders were so frozen I'd get backlashes. I've dealt with that for the past 3 or 4 years now. One of the four times led to my best day on the water ever. Something had them fired up.

I personally have no issue with fishing in it if i know for a fact i have a chance of catching something, according to every one i'v spoken to and that's ALOT of angler's at the local bait shop, no one is catching anything in the metro other than throw backs.

And also the weather changes cause serious problems with the fish.

JamesM56alum said:
I personally have no issue with fishing in it if i know for a fact i have a chance of catching something, according to every one i'v spoken to and that's ALOT of angler's at the local bait shop, no one is catching anything in the metro other than throw backs.

Just have to learn how to make them bite. Most anglers won't catch anything because most anglers are throwing the same baits regardless of conditions. That, or they switch baits but don't fine tune their presentation. It's all about letting the fish tell you what they want.

I always though a cold front would turn the bite off, but you just need to adapt. If the temps dip down but it doesn't bring on winds, it's pretty tough. A lot of times I'll just drag a jig over deep structure until I figure out where they are.

Finding fish is the hard part, but once you're on them you just have to figure out what they'll bite.

But if a cold front blows through with 20+ mph winds, I'll have better days than I do in August. Gotta throw something with a little flash 8)

JamesM56alum said:

Do not chase the reports - MAKE the reports

You will find the guys who are catching consistently very rarely tell anyone at the local bait shop - they are usually too busy out ctaching

You have to get creative - try new water and new techniques

Yea, I know what you mean.
I'm originally from Chgo, so bad weather is not foreign to me,
but this Minnesota climate is extreme.

I have a box of crawlers in the fridge too, LOL.
Yesterday was the best day of the week, but
I had to work.
Did you make it out?

jasper

Na i haven't gotten back out on the water since last week, i most likely wont go back out untill mid may i'm sick of the wind an cool weather, i like to be able to sit back an relax while i fish not have to bundle up an be pissed off the whole time because the wind is blowing so hard i cant hear my self think. :shock:

Its not just the Midwest.... :cry: The northwest has had a very goofy spring and rather cold at that. I still don't believe the pike have even spawned yet which is odd around here given its the second week of April.

I lived in MN for 20yrs. Loved the lakes but I don't miss the -30 below crap in the winter.....lol

i headed for the golfcourse yesterday after work.nice and sunny with just a few clouds. within 15 min. it was thunder /lightning :shock: about a mile from the course a house was hit by lightning and **** near blew the roof off.its been like this for almost a month.

Johny25 said:
Its not just the Midwest.... :cry: The northwest has had a very goofy spring and rather cold at that. I still don't believe the pike have even spawned yet which is odd around here given its the second week of April.

I lived in MN for 20yrs. Loved the lakes but I don't miss the -30 below crap in the winter.....lol

They were up shallow and extra pissed off in MI the past few weekends. I had a couple days where I coulda swore I was on a fly-in trip in Canada :D