Is your Tinboat also your "Lifeboat"?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillhunter

Staff member
Reaction score
I have worked a pretty stressful job for years. Work is normally on my mind pretty much 24/7 except when I'm working on my boat or fishing out of it. Then all my worries seem to fade away and I just enjoy what I am doing. My wife has always referred to our boats as Mike's lifeboats :LOL2: . Wondered if anyone else felt the same way.

I with ya, my job does not stress me too bad, but life in general and all the responsibilities of taking care of my girlfriend and her 13 yo son while she goes through nursing school can get me down a bit. Everyone needs an outlet, and working on my boat or just fishing in general makes all my worries go away for the moment.

Agreed. My boat was the only thing that got me through all the academic crap that went with getting my Ph.D. If not for that boat, I probably would have given my graduate committee half the peace sign, said "screw the dissertation, prelims, and orals", and walked away from it all.

JamesM56alum said:
Keeps me from killing every person i come into contact with here so i'd say it's more their life boat then mine :wink:
Ha ha, James you really need to get back to Florida......I think that cold weather is making you mean...... :mrgreen:

bigwave said:
JamesM56alum said:
Keeps me from killing every person i come into contact with here so i'd say it's more their life boat then mine :wink:
Ha ha, James you really need to get back to Florida......I think that cold weather is making you mean...... :mrgreen:

x2. His southern hospitality might be gone forever.

i'm out evey saturday unless its really raining.2 weeks ago i hit the lake,2/3 foot swells with whitecaps but i still had to try it out #-o

No doubt! A lot of people/family cannot understand why or how I spend over a 100 days a year on the water.

Just yesterday we were offshore and at sunset we were all saying that this is what it is all about. Beautiful orange sunset, caught my first Tripletail of the season, cooler full of fat speckled trout, great long time friends, clear moonlit night with the stars leading us back to harbor.

Capt Ahab said it! I work to support my fishing. Ok, family and then fishing.

The wind blew us off the water today but, we'll try again tomorrow.

Absolutely! My job is very stressful, getting away to the quiet of the lake on my boat with a few fishing rods keeps me sane...well mostly. :D

Latest posts