Anyone else do anything other then fish in their boats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crankworm

Reaction score
I understand this board is geared towards fishing boats, I am an avid fisherman I do get it. I have also noticed that there seems to be a very strong dislike towards anyone that uses their boats for anything other then fishing. Am I the only one here that will throw the wakeboards and tubes in the truck and pull them out after a hard morning of fishing? I'm not trying to rock the boat(pun get it?) I'm just not sure I understand the hate towards fellow boaters. I do understand theres always a few bad apples but I have encountered just as many jerks that are fisherman.

Nope your not the only one : ) I don't wake board or ski but we often go to a natural sandbar on our home lake with tubes, footballs, floaty balls....etc for my 6 and 3 yr to play and swim. Now that I have enough horsepower I am thinking on pulling a tube behind my little 14ft tin this year? I fish 80% of the time in the boat and then take the wife and boys out for just fun sometimes : )

My problem is the lake is usualy a mile wide and the drive within 100 ft of me. (this lake is deep the whole was across. And if i was them i would think ( hey he looks like hes relaxing anchored having a swell of a time, so lets stay away from him.". But nope the drive their party right by you same with the jetskies. Right past ya for no reason. Just fustrating when you look across the lake and its wide open. I would never do that, EVER. Even in my lil 14 ft with a 25 i see people fishing And i go extra wide around them. But pleasure boaters in huge expensive boats seam to want to show off in plain sight to a blind man.

Thats all that gets me. Go have fun, but go have fun where there is wide open lake and you can do it on your own.

I at times just take a cruise up or down the river to look at the scenery but I don't have enough hp to do anything else and don't think I would if I could. The lake I go to is full of idiots on jet skies that think the lake and river were put there for them. They could care less about the poor guy trying to fish. I normally stay away from there on the weekends. Much less activity during the week.

My wife and I are planning on using ours next week to cruise up the Colorado river next week, not only to fish but to check out the scenery and visit the bottom of Hoover Dam, some hot springs on the Arizona side and beach it in a nice camping spot for the night.

I don't fish, I duck hunt out of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_5604.JPG
    IMG_5604.JPG
    847 KB · Views: 881
Well one of the main reasons for me building the platform on the the boat was to haul gear for hunting and camping, once i get back down to florida i plan on spending alot of time on the black water river and some other small rivers on the panhandle hunting hogs, boat is soild enough i should be able to fire a 45mag or a 12g slug off of it with out having an issue.

Hog's tend to stick near rivers and moist ground and usually you can catch them feeding on the root's of the brush and tree's that grow near the water.

Love me some fresh hog meat =P~

I don't do alot of fishing but when I am on the boat I give other boaters plenty of distance. I also own 2 jet skis and when I am riding those I stay away from other boats and skis. Some people have no respect for other people on the water.

Give me a tube or a high rope swing and I'm like a kid again

We tube and kneeboard in the summer. Mine does fine but I don't like ppl all over my boat so we usually use my buddys

I think the big problem with the "pleasure boaters" is that they are not also fishermen. They do not have the courteous obligation to others instilled in their nature and are just overall without manners. If I'm out joy ridin and cruisin the river at 40MPH and come up to a boat that is anchored fishing or not, I drop the trottle and move as far away as feasible. All in all fishin craft to pleasure craft I would say 95 % are good people and 95% are buttholes respectively.

We have planned a camping trip this year : ) My children are finally old enough, no more diapers!

Latest posts