Almost ready to go

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Worked on the boat today. Changed the plugs on the kicker and started it up. 3 pulls and she was running. Put the battery in for the main and started that up. Cold hearted Merc. Still, didn't take much longer to start than when I normally go fishing. Just had to bump the choke a few more times to keep her running. Put my new license plate sticker on, as well as my Fox Waterway Agency stickers. Fixed the small rip in my cover. (Note to self: When there is ice on the cover, don't use the metal ice chipper to get it off. :x ). All I have to do now is pull the wheels and inspect and grease the bearings and top off the gas tank. The tank was 1/2 full and figure just topping it off will be okay. Motor ran good today. Maybe next weekend I'll be able to get out.

I am hoping to hit the water this weekend for a shakedown run. I installed a new Lowrance lx27c gps/sonar and 2 new batteries I'll start it up in the drive tomorrow
I am going to hit the susquehanna flats on Monday with Derek it should be a mess with all the rain but I hope to catch a few

Wayne

Sounds like you have it under control and ready to go, Andy :) . My rig is still in the back yard and covered-up. The rain might be done for awhile, but we'll see. Monday, the wife and I head to Big Cedar Lodge (BPS resort) in MO. Going to spend a couple nights there and just relax. Not going to rent one of their boats (price is rediculous in my book), and not taking ours. Will do some fishing from their dock, if it isn't pouring-down rain :roll: .

I forgot, I also greased the hitch mechanism with silicone grease. As for doing the bearings, I'm planning on inspecting them because they sat w/o moving for like 3 months. Just in case there was water, there could be rust. A friend told me that with the trailer just sitting on the bearing in the same position all winter it could squeeze the grrease out of one side of the bearing. :lol: I say HA! If the bearing lost grease on one side it would re-pack itself as soon as it started turning and if it was loose enough to do that in the first place I would say it was a bad bearing to begin with. I think it's just good engineering practice to inspect before use.

I hope to get the deck pieces for the stern casting deck cut, then start working on my bow casting deck and rod locker structure.

Kinda different plans than y'alls, but still. :)

Latest posts