Took the boat out yesterday for the first time of the season

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

possom813

Reaction score
And it was a crappy day

I'm not sure what was going on, every boat within 100 yards of us was catching fish, and we didn't get a nibble :(

We decided to change spots, and as some of ya'll know, I have an umbrella on my boat(not a stinking bimini top, though that may change now). We had the umbrella vertical, but closed, and it slides into a mount on the side of the console. I haven't been on this lake since July, when it was down about 20'. Was headed to the bridges, and going under, didn't think of the umbrella, now I get to remount my console because it landed in my lap. It was a classic 'deer in headlights' moment, the wife asked me what to do, and I was just sitting there pondering and finally shut the boat off(we were just idling through, so no real and present danger). The console was only held in place with two or three rusty screws.

Finally just gave up #-o

Stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home and had ice cream to make it better, then realized, when I laid down on the couch at home that I have the worst sunburn I've had since last year :shock:

Anyways, anybody know what fad diet catfish are on this year, because the shad was working for everyone but us. I even got fancy and started tossing them shrimp and worms, not a nibble. Fished suspended, bottom, sliding cork, even tried some 'gulp alive' that I found in my tackle box(not sure who left that with me, but it sucks and smells horrible).

It's like that every where bro the fish are so picky right now you have to be in the right spot at the right time otherwise your not going to catch anything.

Crappy on the umbrella man that sucks atleast it's not going to be too hard to fix, did it mess it up anything other than the console?

Latest posts