Inherited a tackle box!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVOMike86

Reaction score
I ran into an old friends dad last weekend. He used to fish tournaments when we were kids, but has apparently stopped freshwater fishing a couple years ago. His wife has started harping on him to get rid of some of his old stuff, so he offered to let me come over and pick out some things. He gave me a nice Plano tacklebox filled with cranks, topwaters, spinnerbaits, and soft plastics. Most of the stuff is 20+ years old, but 75% of it is brand new. So grateful for good people:)
fishing gear.jpg

Awesome! Its always good to get some stuff free. Less stuff you got to pay for. Good job eh.

Earl - while most of the lures are brand new, I did get one crank that has caught so many, that the majority of the paint is completely gone and all that's left is white plastic. Can't wait to see if it still has some mojo left. He also told me he and his wife are possibly moving to Florida next year and he won't have room for all of his mounted bass. 6 large mouth over 9lb and 2 smallies over 6 would look mighty good on the wall of cave. :D

SVOMike86 said:
Earl - while most of the lures are brand new, I did get one crank that has caught so many, that the majority of the paint is completely gone and all that's left is white plastic. Can't wait to see if it still has some mojo left. He also told me he and his wife are possibly moving to Florida next year and he won't have room for all of his mounted bass. 6 large mouth over 9lb and 2 smallies over 6 would look mighty good on the wall of cave. :D
If the guy's moving to Florida and is getting rid of some of his old stuff, you might want to suggest that he consider the wife. Keep the fishing gear and the mounts and leave the wife here..... sounds like a plan to me. 8) :LOL2:

Nice score....the fish don't care how old the lure is....if that were true my grandfather must have mad fishing skills.....well he does but ..well you know what I mean... I actually like some of the older lures at times.

=D>

:fishing2:

That's awesome.

I'm jealous even though the last thing I need is more gear. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In the garage, I've got an old wrinkle painted steel box from the '60s; I open it every once in a while just to see all that old stuff. A dacron hand line, some lead twist weights in a match book, old red/white bass plugs, some kind of a trout trolling flasher rig, old split shots rolling around . . . .

Nice. Sounds to me like he found someone whom he thought would appreciate the gear and much as he did. =D>

Someday, do the same for a nice deserving young man.

DocWatson said:
If the guy's moving to Florida and is getting rid of some of his old stuff, you might want to suggest that he consider the wife. Keep the fishing gear and the mounts and leave the wife here..... sounds like a plan to me. 8) :LOL2:

Ha! I'd take his wife. lol. She was always, and still is, the "hot mom" :wink: The thin fin was one of the lures that caught my eye when I was looking through his stuff. I always remember seeing them in bass pro catalogs when I was younger, and never used one. As soon as I saw it, I had to grab it, and he said he always had good luck with them.