When was the last time you fell?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
:LOL2:

I almost took a header this morning coming off the commuter train. I tripped over this cobblestone walk way and I had to run to catch up or fall. :LOL2:

I was so embarrassed, I did this in front of 100's of people.

Jim said:

I almost took a header this morning coming off the commuter train. I tripped over this cobblestone walk way and I had to run to catch up or fall. :LOL2:

If you didn't know any of those people, why would you care ???

Right yourself, smile at all the nice folks, dance a little jig, smile again and walk on. It'll no doubt get you a few laughs and will make lemonade of a lemon moment. :wink:

Jim said:

Hoping for a swift youtube release of the action! :lol: :lol:

I've never fallen in my life, I'm like one of those blow up thingees we all had as kids where you pushed or knocked it over and it poped back up. :D :D

Anybody wanta buy a bridge, I'm havin' a sale? :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Gramps50 said:
I've never fallen in my life, I'm like one of those blow up thingees we all had as kids where you pushed or knocked it over and it poped back up. :D :D
A weeble wobble! Yes!
Im tall and skinny with size 14 feet. You'd think that with barges for boots I wouldn't fall as easy but it took years to unclumsify myself. :) but every once in a while that curb will jump out in front of me!

Jim said:

Sometimes it's better to just fall.

vahunter said:
Gramps50 said:
A weeble wobble! Yes!
Im tall and skinny with size 14 feet. You'd think that with barges for boots I wouldn't fall as easy but it took years to unclumsify myself. :) but every once in a while that curb will jump out in front of me!

i'm right there with you i hate climbing stairs because all stairs are too freaking shallow i almost always catch the toe of my boot on it lol i make a loud noise but i sure as hell dont face plant it!

That just reminded me of something...Jim to answer your question I have 'slipped' down a couple stairs at my house twice in the passed 2 months. I landed on my butt both times fortunately. The first time my wife was home and I tried to play it off like Keith Stone and she told me she heard me fall. I thought I had her tricked!

5 years ago i was heading to work at 5:00am. I had a gym bag over my right shoulder and mylaptop bag over my left shoulder. I live in a split level ranch.........

I was heading to the front door when i completely missed the first step. Next thing i know my head goes through the glass payne right next to the front door. Glass embedded in my head. :LOL2:

Needless to say, i still went to work, but they sent me home after helping me remove the glass pieces embedded in my head.

I look back now and thank the lord my head went through the glass instead of it bouncing off the solid front door and breaking my neck.

Brine said:
Jim said:

Sometimes it's better to just fall.
You've reached that age too, eh ??? :LOL2:

It sucks to fall....but when I do or almost do especially in front of people I find it best to jump up and hold my hands up and say " TA DA!!! "

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

last winter i was getting outta my truck in the parking lot at work, as soon as my feet hit the pavement i was on my way down, glare ice everywhere, in the process of not trying to split my head open on the asphalt i flung my lunch box accross the parking lot, apple orange 2 cans of pop, and a nicely package bologna sandwich doing mach 4 accross the asphalt was a pretty funny site laying under the truck watching, after i collected myself and my lunch off the ground i slammed my truck door and entered the building, did my 9hr shift and was more than ready to go home last one t the shop was about 12 degrees out, i grabbed the door handle and realized i had locked my truck door while clawing at it to slow the approaching ashphalt, and the keys where in the ignition... took the police 20 min to get there and about 15 min to jimmy the door open... needless to say i went home took a shower and went to bed... didnt need to procure any further damage... this is one of many... :LOL2:

BOB350RX said:
last winter i was getting outta my truck in the parking lot at work, as soon as my feet hit the pavement i was on my way down, glare ice everywhere, in the process of not trying to split my head open on the asphalt i flung my lunch box accross the parking lot, apple orange 2 cans of pop, and a nicely package bologna sandwich doing mach 4 accross the asphalt was a pretty funny site laying under the truck watching, after i collected myself and my lunch off the ground i slammed my truck door and entered the building, did my 9hr shift and was more than ready to go home last one t the shop was about 12 degrees out, i grabbed the door handle and realized i had locked my truck door while clawing at it to slow the approaching ashphalt, and the keys where in the ignition... took the police 20 min to get there and about 15 min to jimmy the door open... needless to say i went home took a shower and went to bed... didnt need to procure any further damage... this is one of many... :LOL2:

What happened to the bologna sandwich, was it salvageable?

BassAddict said:
BOB350RX said:

the sandwich survived went about 40' across the parking lot ! pop cans where all dented :D lunch survived pride did not...lol

BOB350RX said:
BassAddict said:
BOB350RX said:

the sandwich survived went about 40' across the parking lot ! pop cans where all dented :D lunch survived pride did not...lol

I'd trade pride for lunch anyday! :LOL2:

BOB350RX said:

I'm sorry, but I can picture this. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

BOB350RX said:

Dang...(a little off topic, but this story reminded me of another that happened to someone I know)

This happened many years ago, but still rings in my head and makes me laugh. This kid that I knew was a delivery driver and "Dead Head" (follower of the Grateful Dead). This is how he described himself. Anyway, he was making a delivery downtown St. Louis and parked out front of the building in a no parking zone. He often did this and thought he could run in and out faster than the cops could find his car. Well this day, it was windy and as he was getting out of his car, he dropped his keys on the floorboard. As he was reaching back in, the wind blew hid door closed. As he reached to catch the door, his fingers were slammed in the door and it locked. There he was standing in a no parking zone with his fingers stuck in a locked car door and his keys on the wrong side of the lock. He actually had to call the police and have them unlock the door. He was ticketed too, but he said the cop laughed at him the entire time he was working on unlocking the door. I'm still laughing.

Latest posts