Took the wife and kids fishing today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonman

Reaction score
Like i said earlier the kids skipped school today to go fishing with me and the wife. We were fishing for blue gill, red ear, and the like. We got to the water about 9 AM ( i know they stop biting by then). We caught 3 fish, The bugs were so bad that we called it quits at 11:30 am. We packed, up hiked out and had lunch near the dock, and parking lot under the pavilion. The bugs were bad there too. Then we headed home. When the wife got off work at 5 we headed back out. This time around My wife was on fire, she caught the most. She was fishing 2 poles and could not get them in the water at the same time they were hitting her so fast. My bobber was less than 2 feet away from hers at times and she was getting hit right and left, I on the other hand was demoted to fish boy due to my lack of getting bites. I spent most of the evening going from her spot to the basket. In total we caught 34 blue gill keepers, more if you count the real small ones we threw back. I think I caught 4 or 5, she caught nearly 20 and the kids got the rest. It was a great day and will be a very good super tomorrow.

one of my favorite fishing trips as a kid my uncle picked me up from school with the boat, he had already gone to my house and got me a change of clothes, fishing stuff/ and a shore dinner...lol, caught bass and rappies a lil northern and some walleyes. never have i been able to duplicate that trip, nor would i want to, good times

You got out fished by a girl bahahahahahaha!!!!!

Just mess'n with ya. It happens to me sometimes too. I actually like it when my girlfriend out fishes me. Makes her happy which makes me happy and keeps her wanting to go again. I just can't let her do it all the time.

Update: Those Bluegill were awesome last night. We all got our bellies full, lol. Yeah I got out fished by my wife....after 14 years of marriage i got to give her something lol.

How far is Ashland from St. Louis.?... I could really enjoy a big bunch of bluegill cooked in my iron Skillet. Most fun is in enjoying the moment with wife and kids.

freetofish said:
How far is Ashland from St. Louis.?... I could really enjoy a big bunch of bluegill cooked in my iron Skillet. Most fun is in enjoying the moment with wife and kids.

It's a little NW of Springfield Ron.

fender66 said:
freetofish said:

It's a little NW of Springfield Ron.

Fender is right we are a little northwest of Springfield, about 20 miles. It took us 2.5 hours to get to St Louis, depending where you live in St. Louis I'd say 2-3 hours for you to get here. We have been fishing at Jim Edgar State Fish and Wild life area, specifically Griddley lake. The water is very low there. I talked to one of the managers and he said they drew down the lake last fall to concentrate the blue gill for the bass to feed on and kill off some of the vegetation near the bank. He said that they were expecting the snow and spring rains to refill it but we got no snow and very little rain.

Latest posts