am I the only one that this happens to ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboard

Reaction score
my most recent experiences with purchases on E-bay:
carb. damaged in shipping, another carb. sent to wrong buyer, set of books OK, pack of slow death hooks-nothing inside when opened. seller said he shipped hundreds of these and never had a problem.
NEVER HAD A PROBLEM! package had a 3" opening on one end, and a 2 3/4" opening on the other end, that were never taped shut. these hooks could have easilly slipped out of there.
OH WELL! guess 1 out of 4 aint too bad ????? #-o
I have gotten everything straightened out, just a PIA !
OH YEA! about 30 yrs ago, I ordered a pair of johnson green wool pants from cabelas. when they arrived, and I opened the pkg., it contained a pair of womens stretch pants, in "HOT PINK". someones probablly still laughing over that one.

nomowork said:
I quit E-Braaaay and Pay Pal years ago. Lots of stuff available locally or within reasonable distance here in Southern California.
it's not just this. seems like EVERYTHING is becoming a "HASSLE", like the garbage bill I paid, and had to prove it "TWICE", to the last boat, that the NOTARY put the wrong fee on, to the state income tax, that wanted W-2 forms and wouldn't send me the refund due untill they received them (I have no W-2's, I'm on pension)!, to the IRA, that the bank erroneously transfered "SOMEWHERE" and then charged a transfer fee to my account ?????, and more recently; rolled over an IRA and they witheld state tax on the rollover, (only FED. tax should have been witheld). NOTHINGS EASY ANYMORE! I really don't need these hassles, but what are you going to do, they just seem to keep popping up, and have to be straightened out. it just seems that "WAY TOO MANY THINGS" keep happening to me, that are no fault of my own.
DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

overboard said:
nomowork said:
I quit E-Braaaay and Pay Pal years ago. Lots of stuff available locally or within reasonable distance here in Southern California.
it's not just this. seems like EVERYTHING is becoming a "HASSLE", like the garbage bill I paid, and had to prove it "TWICE", to the last boat, that the NOTARY put the wrong fee on, to the state income tax, that wanted W-2 forms and wouldn't send me the refund due untill they received them (I have no W-2's, I'm on pension)!, to the IRA, that the bank erroneously transfered "SOMEWHERE" and then charged a transfer fee to my account ?????, and more recently; rolled over an IRA and they witheld state tax on the rollover, (only FED. tax should have been witheld). NOTHINGS EASY ANYMORE! I really don't need these hassles, but what are you going to do, they just seem to keep popping up, and have to be straightened out. it just seems that "WAY TOO MANY THINGS" keep happening to me, that are no fault of my own.
DRIVING ME NUTS!!!
Don't feel all alone. Think of what a PITA all this stuff would be if you were still working. #-o It's a full time job just fixing other people's mistakes with your information. :evil:

boy you guys jinxed me bad. the wife called our isp today because our internets a little slow.turns out they have been billing us for highspeed internet but didn't actually switch us over 10 YEARS AGO !!!! we've been on dial up speed. now for the next year our bill will be $10 per month and then $25 a month till they catch us up.our download speed has actually increased x six. i havent done the math yet but its in the thousands. now my digital tv has crapped out. no pay per view,no pvr, no hi def, NOTHING!!! next available service tech in 5 days!!!!

bcbouy said:
.....now my digital tv has crapped out. no pay per view,no pvr, no hi def, NOTHING!!! next available service tech in 5 days!!!!

When I was an outside tech for Ma Bell, I serviced T1 and higher speed customers. I would constantly be approached by customers who had DSL who had been waiting for WEEKS to get a repair tech out to their homes. I felt really bad for them as there was nothing I could do for them.

I have Time Warner cable internet service. I had problems with the coax getting bent in the hand hole outside in the condo common area. They would always send a tech who would replace the connector and it would be good for a while until someone stepped on the cover of the box then it would happen again. It took over two years of different techs and several conversations with "supervisors" until finally they replaced the hand hole with an above ground box.

It doesn't matter whither it is online or retail outlet. I have had no problems online but I bought a side table for my patio from a Lowes retail store . When I got home the box had a stack of folded newspapers in it and no table. I finally got customer service to tell me that the shipping point was Houston. The stack of papers were Houston papers. That seemed to be a clue to me that pointed to what happened to the table. I finally got them to give me a table but I don't think they believed me. I think a shipping clerk in Houston has a nice little table for his patio.

I wanted a marine radio for my boat and wanted the dark grey one. Bought a sealed package from Gander Mountain in Kenosha. When I got home, it was the white one though it said dark grey on the label. Brought it back and all they had were white ones but said they had a grey one in their South Milwaukee store. Got up there and asked to open the package to verify color. We opened it and it was grey. Bought it and brought it home and when I took it out of the box it was obviously used, abused and repacked. Brought it back and told them I wanted the white one instead. Wasn't gonna try and explain how a used and abused radio got factory repacked.

Buying part's online is a joke and should be illgeal, because 9 time's out of 10 it's the wrong part and you WILL have to pay for return shipping and sometime's you wont get the part or your money back, i'v seen it ton's of time's people coming into our store that bought car part's from our online store that were wrong and they cannot return them to the store's because it's two totally different company's and if you read the fine print on your invoice it even tell's you that you cant. Ebay is nice for thing's that cant break and are idiot proof on both side's of the ordering process. I personally wont buy anything online that i can buy in a local family owned store, too many people are too cheap to buy locally and that is the reason why local price's and american made item's are so costly now is because people are too cheap to pay for quality instead they waste their money on something that some idiot made in some country that no one has ever heard of. Sorry i have no idea why i said all that but hell it's the truth!

I too have quit eBay and PayPal.

I sold a smart phone and mailed it out next day. Then 5 days later, the buyer opened a complaint against me to eBay saying they had not received item. eBay instantly refunded their money and I got screwed! eBay wont even talk to me about it. Its case closed. I'm sorry...but 5 days later? I could understand a month! GRRRR :evil:

At ebay the buyer is always right. They don't care much about their sellers, I don't understand why they have any sellers at all. Seems they pick on the guy that is trying to do things right and yet leave the scammers alone.. I used to sell there but quit about 5 years ago and went to ebid & ecrater, they treat their sellers much better and the rates are better too. They both also let you use Google Checkout.

Don't buy much off ebay either any more

Latest posts