Navionics. Must have app!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dman23

Reaction score
Copied my post below from my mod thread about this app. It is an absolute must have for iphone or andriod!! Even if you have a gps, it is worth 10x its cost.

Navionics is gold!!!! Worth much more than 10 bucks. Do not hesitate!!! Ill list features that i noticed and honestly ive barely played with it.

1. Best feature by far is the navigation. Not only does it show you a little triangle of your position and direction, but when you start to move it automatically draws a red line across the whole screen in the direction your going so you do not have to guess ahead of you where your pointing. Never seen anything like it. Fabulous.

2. Automatically shows your speed without changing from your lake map your on and without you doing anything.

3. Can pre select an area and it downloads all your lake maps ahead of time. I selected all of northern MN and WI and can zoom in to any and all lakes in that area, even if i lost reception when i am out on the lake. Pretty darn detailed maps for depths, bouys, some have even rocks marked. River channels in our local port etc... Also many boat landings are marked.

4. Can mark anything you want such as fishing spots and whatever you want. Can even facebook or email those spots to people if you want built right in to the program.

5. Can mark and save tracks. You can also select 2 points and it will tell you distance between.

Pretty much is a full featured lake maps program that does all a gps can and more. Also i have found myself scouting lakes at home. All in full color which is nice. I have also found it to be very responsive. Quickly adjusts your direction and speed. That red line that shows direction i already used to navigate a grassy channel on a lake last week. Hard to see with all the grass up ahead but the red line pointed well in front of me to get me right through the very shallow and hard to see boating channel.

I would pay $100 for this app. Its a steal. And im sure i will learn many more features as i get out more. Oh, and you can take pictures in the app itself and will save it to that location.

One benifit to the sharing a spot in navionics i think will be nice is my dad has the app too, and if one of us is out one day and are hitting the fish, we can send the spot to eachother if the other is going out the next time, but not together. Before we had to explain and explain the spot and we could still never seam to get the other person where we were previously. No more of that now!

Latest posts