Any REAL lawyers here?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
I'll be getting a Power of Attorney thing together to make the transition into "older" life easier for my son to handle. I already have my son as the beneficiary (POD) on all my financial stuff but after seeing what my GF is going through with her mother's legal affairs, I think I need the PofA. I was recommended to a specific attorney who specializes into these things by friends who have used him before for their needs. I looked around on line briefly and found out that it could be done as cheaply as $75 with standardized forms. I'll still probably set an appointment with that attorney just to see if his cost is reasonable.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Ask any attorney you speak with before you schedule a sit-down if there is any charge for a consult. Some charge and some don't, some apply it to your bill if you give them the work.

For the power of attorney, you can do that yourself. Both financial POA and medical POA forms can be gotten online for free. I'm guessing the "wacky west" is California, so here's a link to the Sacramento Law Libray forms.

https://www.saclaw.lib.ca.us/pages/forms-page.aspx

Latest posts