Mend It Glue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbug

Reaction score
I received My "MEND IT GLUE" today an gave it it's first test.
The First thing i noticed is the bottle isn't full? In fact it is just over half full !!! I am a little upset about this and plan on sending the company an email about it.
I used it on a "MATTSLURE BABY BASS SERIES" swimbait that took a beating down in Fla. The nose of the bait was hanging off and the eye was loose, The exit point of the hook was also torn. I used a few drops at each point and set the bait aside to dry. After about 25 minutes I checked the progress of the repairs and can say that the bait appears to be fine. It is soft and flexible I will try the bait in the water soon to see if the glue has affected the action of the bait.

Wayne

Good report Mr. Redbug, I wonder why the half bottle, thats sad, let us know the outcome.

flounderhead59 said:
This product is sold by weight, not volume. The contents may have settled during shipping and handling. :lol:
And you thought my word history theory was a stretch... they didn't even put the weight on the bottle on the bright side A little bit goes a long way..

Its not a glue, when i tested it out i didnt like how it split my senko type baits in half from a little tear, im still not sure ill use it on my swimbaits, unless one gets really bad to the point where i cant use it

Slim you are correct. It is not a glue. It is 1000x better then any glue. It split your senko because it was doing what it is supossed to do. It hasa chemiacl reaction with soft plastic so it actualy melts the surfaces back together. It works like PVC glue when you chemiacaly weld your pvc pipes together. The key is you can not pull or outward bend a bait that you apply the Mend-it to or will expand the tare. You open up the torn worm, swimbait,etc slightly and put a very small drop in the tear. As soon as the Mend-it touches the tare close the gap. Hold the tare together for 30seconds or so. This stuff will repair your bait like NEW. Not like a glued back together bait but like it it just came out of the package. I have been using it for a while and I love it. It makes it soo eay to do prototyping. Heck you can save up all your used torn baits for a moth and then fix them all in one shot and start over with a buch of "new" baits. Sorry for sounding like a comercial, I just love this stuff

Hey Wayne,
Check out this discussion on TT:

https://www.tackletour.net/TTForums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=29521&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=glue

most notably this

Mend It- The bottling issues have been fixed by new owners Will and Kathy Hesch and this should stop the evaporation problem that occurred in 1st generation bottles. If you have an old bottle that had this problem I would recommend that you contact Will directly and I would be willing to be he would take care of you. My old generation bottle evaporated and I was pissed, my new generation bottle that came about after Will and Kathy bought the company has remained perfect in every way and saved me some serious $. You can either contact Will at (866) 606-2223 or if you want you can PM me with the issue and I'll try to put you in touch with him and see how he would like to handle dealing with anyone who had old 1st generation faulty containers.

"Our new packaging is only one of the many steps we've improved on in the recent future!" - Mend It Web site

Latest posts