IL Toll Roads people hate fisherman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl60446

Reaction score
I was checking out the cost of using the IL toll roads for a trip I have next week to WIS towing my 16ft boat, calculations are as below. Bottom line is it costs $7 to drive your car / suv/ pickup, if you tow your small boat, it costs $18.60, ridiculous, nothing but crooks in IL.
Tim

Get on I355 at rte6 or rte80

Spring Creek Toll Plaza (Plaza 99) $1.90
Boughton Road Toll Plaza (Plaza 89) $0.95
Army Trail Road Toll Plaza (Plaza 73) $0.95
Total $3.80

Continue on via rte59 to I90

Elgin Toll Plaza (Plaza 9) $0.75
Belvidere Toll Plaza (Plaza 5) $1.50
South Beloit Toll Plaza (Plaza 1) $0.95
Total $3.20

Tolls above are the 6 tolls paid and costs if using IPASS and driving a car / suv / pickup,
cost would be double if paying cash.

Check out the link below, it will tell you that a car/suv towing a single axle trailer is considered
a medium truck (commercial) as far as tolls go. So no discount for using ipass in this case. Only discount is traveling at night and that is not much. Same route.

Spring Creek Toll Plaza (Plaza 99) $4.50
Boughton Road Toll Plaza (Plaza 89) $2.25
Army Trail Road Toll Plaza (Plaza 73) $2.25
Total $9

Elgin Toll Plaza (Plaza 9) $2.25
Belvidere Toll Plaza (Plaza 5) $4.50
South Beloit Toll Plaza (Plaza 1) $2.85
Total $9.60

So it costs $18.60 (one way) to use the toll road towing a small boat into western WIS from kankakee area

https://www.illinoistollway.com/tolls-and-i-pass/toll-information/rates-by-toll-plaza##Categories

If you got time you might want to check out the state routes to bypass the tolls. Driving a semi if I had time I would always run the state routes to bypass the ill tollways to save on operating expenses. It's a good way to see the country again by getting off the interstates.

Peanuts! :LOL2:

Try going from Mass to Delaware to Fish with Captain Ahab. I dont even bother looking, it goes n the speed pass. I know one bridge alone was $5.

Oh my god, last summer me and my dad went to Chicago to pick up a tractor, and we payed about a 100 bucks in tolls on the way there. Back wasn't as bad for some reason. It was ridiculous and all the toll people were rude.

Yea, the people of AR are guilty of doing some pretty dumb things but at least we haven't voted to approve any toll's. Paying the toll is bad enough but when you have to stop every few miles at another toll plaza it really sucks if you're trying to make good time on your trip.

Look at the tolls as "fees". Today it seems that if they call it a fee people won't mind as much. Ask the banks.... they started it. Now the airlines are onboard with baggage "fees". Can the toll roads and bridges be far behind ???

But, if you think that's expensive, you'd better not take a bridge or tunnel into NY City with your boat. :shock:

Jim said:

Try going from Mass to Delaware to Fish with Captain Ahab. I dont even bother looking, it goes n the speed pass. I know one bridge alone was $5.

God is telling you to stay away from Ahab. If you can't see the signs.....you probably deserve everything he dishes out. :roll:

The worst part is all our roads are still TRASH!!!! Every time I make the trip 500 miles back home to Browning, I cuss Michigan roads and then wish i were back on them.

DocWatson said:
Look at the tolls as "fees". Today it seems that if they call it a fee people won't mind as much. Ask the banks.... they started it. Now the airlines are onboard with baggage "fees". Can the toll roads and bridges be far behind ???

But, if you think that's expensive, you'd better not take a bridge or tunnel into NY City with your boat. :shock:

22.00 each way for the NYC bridges

Captain Ahab said:
DocWatson said:

22.00 each way for the NYC bridges

If you're pulling your boat....why take the bridge? :roll:

I was a kid when they built the tollway system. It was supposed to be to pay off the construction cost then be a free way..Ha, every few years the tolls were raised and they continue to raise tolls today. I think there was some issues with the director a few years back too - embezzlement or something?? Illinois is so corrupt in every state department from the Governor on down - ha, the two past governors in in prison now and several from the past did time too...... but, on point, seems like a lot of increase just for one more axle???

Jim said:

A glutton for punishment - and I don't mean the tolls - fishing with Ahab??? :) :) :)

That's the north for ya, stuck up political jackasses getting their pocket's lined with our hard earned money. Bullet's are cheaper my friend, if i remember correctly a case of 9mm rounds usually come's with 30 rounds? that's a whole lot less congressmen that'd be around. :?

JamesM56alum said:
That's the north for ya, stuck up political jackasses getting their pocket's lined with our hard earned money.

Well at least they're keeping it the USA. I believe Texas was considering selling thier highway system to Saudi investors, don't think it happened though, at least not yet.