Discusted with the world today!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
I just got done watching the news and Im discusted with the world today! I would love to show you guys how great of an area I have here for fishing and hunting and just living in general.. This place sucks to live here as far as money concernes but money cant buy the beauty of nature that I get to wake up to every morning. I lived in the city(Pittsburgh) most of my life (30years) and even though I love to go back and see my old friends and family I would never ever think about moving back. Im spoiled now with waking up to birds chirping instead of siruns howling and the only time I here gun shots is when its hunting season or if people are just out target shooting. The worst crime you hear of around here is mostly DUIs or the occasional bar fight. I can go to sleep comfortably knowing that my front door is unlocked and my keys to my car are in the ignition and the windows are down and all my rods and tackle are in the back seat. I get sick watching the Pittsburgh news and see all the killing and robberies going on. What is wrong with the world today? I was raised that if you wanted something you saved up for it and bought it, not went out and and put a gun to someones head and took it away from them. My did would still to this day kick my *** if i pulled a stunt like that. I was 23 years old and my dad blackened my eye when I got a DUI and thats no part of a lie. I can say I was far from being an angle growing up but the stuff we did when we were young and dumb that we thought was so terrible is nothing compared to the stunts the youth of today are pulling. I have 3 daughters ( 19,15,13) that still live in the Pittsburgh area and it scares me to know that they are growing up with a generation that has no problem shoting you over a $10 bill and will take you pizza off you at gun point without even thinking twice. Any of you out there with children know what im ranting about. It seems like everyone is doing all theses crazy drugs and they are all insane. I admit I smoked a little pot when I was a young pup but now if thats all your doing your not doing so bad. All these crazy drugs that the kids are getting into these days are terrible. Crystal Meth - you are Snorting battery acid, That sounds like alot of fun to me. Kids just arent using there head at all. I am very glad that all 3 of my daughters are great kids and they dont full around with that crap and are totally against all drugs. I do know that my oldest daughter does drink but she is in college and we all know what college lifes like but she keeps her grades up and doesnt abuse alcohol. At least I dont think she does. Well sorry about all the ranting but Im just discusted with the world today and all the crap that is going on around us. I guess that why I am loing living in the middle of nowhere struggleing to live instead of living in some city making good money. Ill keep what I got and if it takes me a month longer than the next guy to buy my toys so be it!!!!!!!!!

I can go to sleep comfortably knowing that my front door is unlocked and my keys to my car are in the ignition and the windows are down and all my rods and tackle are in the back seat.

*gets out his notepad*

What was your address again? j/k couldn't resist.

It is kind of funny reading this a few days after getting back from a trip to Canada. We got up at 4AM to load the car for the early drive because we were afraid to wake up to a broken window if we packed the night before.

mtnman said:
I just got done watching the news and Im discusted with the world today! I would love to show you guys how great of an area I have here for fishing and hunting and just living in general.. This place sucks to live here as far as money concernes but money cant buy the beauty of nature that I get to wake up to every morning. I lived in the city(Pittsburgh) most of my life (30years) and even though I love to go back and see my old friends and family I would never ever think about moving back. Im spoiled now with waking up to birds chirping instead of siruns howling and the only time I here gun shots is when its hunting season or if people are just out target shooting. The worst crime you hear of around here is mostly DUIs or the occasional bar fight. I can go to sleep comfortably knowing that my front door is unlocked and my keys to my car are in the ignition and the windows are down and all my rods and tackle are in the back seat. I get sick watching the Pittsburgh news and see all the killing and robberies going on. What is wrong with the world today? I was raised that if you wanted something you saved up for it and bought it, not went out and and put a gun to someones head and took it away from them. My did would still to this day kick my *** if i pulled a stunt like that. I was 23 years old and my dad blackened my eye when I got a DUI and thats no part of a lie. I can say I was far from being an angle growing up but the stuff we did when we were young and dumb that we thought was so terrible is nothing compared to the stunts the youth of today are pulling. I have 3 daughters ( 19,15,13) that still live in the Pittsburgh area and it scares me to know that they are growing up with a generation that has no problem shoting you over a $10 bill and will take you pizza off you at gun point without even thinking twice. Any of you out there with children know what im ranting about. It seems like everyone is doing all theses crazy drugs and they are all insane. I admit I smoked a little pot when I was a young pup but now if thats all your doing your not doing so bad. All these crazy drugs that the kids are getting into these days are terrible. Crystal Meth - you are Snorting battery acid, That sounds like alot of fun to me. Kids just arent using there head at all. I am very glad that all 3 of my daughters are great kids and they dont full around with that crap and are totally against all drugs. I do know that my oldest daughter does drink but she is in college and we all know what college lifes like but she keeps her grades up and doesnt abuse alcohol. At least I dont think she does. Well sorry about all the ranting but Im just discusted with the world today and all the crap that is going on around us. I guess that why I am loing living in the middle of nowhere struggleing to live instead of living in some city making good money. Ill keep what I got and if it takes me a month longer than the next guy to buy my toys so be it!!!!!!!!!

OK?

What is it you're looking for here? Are you trying to show us how difficult it is to read without paragraph and sentence structure (not too mention the atrocious spelling)?!

Seriously though, I know how the news can really kill one's spirits. But you're saying a DUI is the worst in your neck of the woods? Well here's a statistic you might want to be aware of:

"Between the years 2001 and 2005 (81,634) people where murdered on the streets of America."

"If you consider a drunk driver killing someone in an accident as murder, the stats explode. Between the years 2001 and 2006, (104,140) people where killed in drunk driving accidents."

Source: https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/376041/murder_rates_and_violent_crimes_in.html

Not trying to be a jerk, but DUI's can lead to murder much more so than choosing to live in a city. The city you use as an example has the 9th lowest overall crime rate of the top 100 MSAs. It's much, much worse out there in many other cities, and even small towns looking at crime per capita. If you think Pittsburgh is a tough place to live, here's another interesting article:

https://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07116/781162-53.stm

I have things I hate about city living too. I just spent 3 hours trying to find a place to park at PNC Park. The one time a year that place sells out (Opening Day), and its has to be during work hours? Idiotic. God forbid they ever field a decent team and have to find parking on a consistent basis. I missed the game because of it. :cry: :-({|=

But, being able to drive 3.5 miles to see a pro sports team, or three, among many other big city amenities, are worth the hassles - and risks - for me.

No i wasnt trying to say that a dui isnt a bad crime but all I was saying is that I live in a small town that is very quite and peaceful. And about my spelling and paragraphs Im sorry if im not a rocket scientist. i do my best and if thats not good enough for yea dont read my post. Its really doesnt matter to me. Have a great day!!!!

mtnman said:
No i wasnt trying to say that a dui isnt a bad crime but all I was saying is that I live in a small town that is very quite and peaceful. And about my spelling and paragraphs Im sorry if im not a rocket scientist. i do my best and if thats not good enough for yea dont read my post. Its really doesnt matter to me. Have a great day!!!!

Just a little jab regarding the long rant, but it does make it easier to read if there are paragraph breaks. Not a big deal though.

Regardless, I was genuinely interested in your post, so it was good enough for me. You brought up a few points I thought were worth discussing too, so please don't take my rebuttal personally, just my view. I didn't want to sound offensive, yet I knew I probably would. I apologize for that.

I would just lime to appoligize for maybe getting a little bit of an attitude over something stupid. That just hit a little bit of a soft spot for me. Hope you guys can understand! thanks

mtnman said:
I would just lime to appoligize for maybe getting a little bit of an attitude over something stupid. That just hit a little bit of a sooft spot for me. Hope you guys can understand! thanks

Not a problem - that is why this section is called the watering hole

Heated debates are fine by me - so long as they do not turn into personal attacks. St6ick with the issue, which everyone did here

I actually liked the exerpt. It had a little character to it, which is something you don't find too much of these days. Keep it up mntman! If more people would speak their minds today without worrying about political correctness wouldn't that mean there would be less confusion?! At least everyone would have a clue where they stood.
I happen to live outside a small town. It used to be considered rural...that is until my neighbors daughter and grandkids moved in next door. The old man passed away and now they have free roam. They are in their late teens and early 20's and the mother used to be a school teacher, but now they all got on drugs and keep all kind of trouble stirred up. They don't know how to live country-fied. Used to be if I heard a gunshot I had to get on my four wheeler and search the 300 acres of woods around me to see who was hunting on my property. Even then it didn't matter because it was probably my next nearest neighbor over a mile away who I let hunt the property anyway. Now with the drug heads they are bringing around next door, if I hear a gunshot I have to wonder if my girls are outside playing and if they are okay. Between the boom-boom traffic riding by and the pit bulls they have as a fashion statement, there is no more peace and quiet. And the funny thing to that is there are only three households around me, including mine! We live at the end of road where there is only one way in and one way out, so where the heck is all the traffic coming from?! I do know one thing, if it gets any worse, I might just consider moving to the city for some peace and quiet!! :D