Frankenfish Lives!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one100grand

Reaction score
Hey guys, one of my colleagues happened to send me this link. :shock:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/angler-may-have-broken-world-record-with-snakehead-caught-in-occoquan-river/2012/05/17/gIQAcBD6WU_story.html

A world record sized snakehead pulled out of the river just a few miles from my house! I still haven't actually landed a snakehead, I need to get on that... I'm jealous, but also enthusiastic about it, I'd love to catch something like this

Most of the things they say are greatly exaggerated (like most fishing stories :---) ), although it depends the size of the fishery. The Potomac River is such a large fishery that there's been little impact. One of the local creeks (Dogue Creek) is one with a considerable snakehead population, but other species haven't suffered in noticeable numbers. I can certainly see them dominating a small pond, but at this point, I'm definitely not worried about them wiping out the game fish on the Potomac.

I went out over the weekend for the first time in about a month. This seemed to connect to the prior post since I caught it in an area close to where the fish in the article was caught.

Attachments

• photo (12).JPG
    photo (12).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 316
I'll say it was pretty neat to catch it, I had no doubt whatsoever what I was fighting when this hit. It took the spinnerbait I was using and peeled line for a good 30 seconds. I know there wasn't a bass in that water that was going to have a run like that in it.

Latest posts