Flipping stuff on Craigslist

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSimon

Reaction score
I've been very successful at flipping tin boats through Craigslist. Its a lot of fun and I'll keep doing it opportunistically.

But I'm wondering if there is another potential product that can be flipped in the same way.

Any thoughts?

Cars? Exercise equipment? Furniture? Appliances?

MrSimon said:
I've been very successful at flipping tin boats through Craigslist. Its a lot of fun and I'll keep doing it opportunistically.

But I'm wondering if there is another potential product that can be flipped in the same way.

Any thoughts?

Cars? Exercise equipment? Furniture? Appliances?

There is a lot of money to be made buying and selling on CL. Myself, 25 cars, almost 20 boats, and hundreds of Misc. I wouldn't keep your spread too wide if you can help it b/c when you start gambling outside your market you risk going idle or broke on items. Biggest problem with buying or selling anything is getting it with enough meat left to make a profit. Finding out the item is broken, or bought too high after purchase happens as you can't know everything.

My favorite terms on sale items for CL. " Do Not Call unless you are ready to come look/buy same day". It has cut down my idiot calls by 75%. So Happy!

I did that one summer with bicycles, by the end of the summer I had 2 really nice bikes for the wife and I with a total of about $70 for the pair.

There are some bargains out there not long ago I bought a TM for $10 spend $25 for parts and now I have a nice foot operated TM, could get probably $75 for it easy.

It can be done like sixgun said stay in your comfort zone and know your prices. You'll get stuck once in a while but that is just part of doing business and also a learning experience.

sixgun86 said:
My favorite terms on sale items for CL. " Do Not Call unless you are ready to come look/buy same day". It has cut down my idiot calls by 75%. So Happy!

How true!

I sold my old fiberglass dinghy a few years ago. I priced it dirt cheap, basically the cost of the newer outboard I put on it. One potential buyer asked questions and I told him it was probably too small to take out past the breakwater, or at least I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it (14 foot closed bow with a 15hp outboard). He came over to look at it anyway then commented that it was too small. :shock: :roll: #-o

I have a buddy that does this with boat motors, and parts from them.
some are easy fixes and sold complete, some are parted out.
nice little side income!

Latest posts