Maryland Tinboat

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
J.P.

Maryland Tinboat

Post by J.P. » 15 Jun 2012, 05:06

welcome aboard. it's a nice boat you got.

it would be awesome to see your boat evolve, from now until you're done, all in one topic..i think you better request the mods to move this thread to the modification forum if you intend to make it your build thread........
Kismet wrote:(You know, that boat is just fine as it is.)
:roll:
what he said........... but we are in tinboats.net

Xtremeboats
Captain Ahab

Maryland Tinboat

Post by Captain Ahab » 15 Jun 2012, 06:28

We run the Susky flats each spring for striper and fish teh Conowingo area for shad

Nice looking boat - lest go catch some flatheads!
Trying to Fish as often as Jim works :LOL2:

ST3VE

Maryland Tinboat

Post by ST3VE » 14 Mar 2013, 21:29

Well it has been awhile since I have posted. I have lurked many times since then. However a lot has changed since then. I decided to trade in the old boat for a Tracker Topper 1432. It seemed that the old boat was too large for me to fish out of and control. I decided on the 1432 because it is a flat bottom and it draws much less water. I just finished decking it out and painting the interior white. I have the carpet to install on the deck so hopefully this weekend I will be able to install that and begin painting the exterior of the boat. Think I am either going to just refresh the green or possible mimic the Toyota Truck Fishing Team boat. haha. I know it would be ridiculous but lets be honest... it would be pretty sweet if I was able to do it.

Here are a few pictures.
Attachments
image-2.jpeg
image.jpeg

cva34

Maryland Tinboat

Post by cva34 » 15 Mar 2013, 08:41

Welcome Here and to Boating. Glad you took the boating course.Little education never hurts anyone, matter fact a lot don't either.All I have to add is when your thinking Mods think it out(day and night) I fix more stuff when I have a sleepless night ..We had a Thing at work it was called the( What if Study) where you try to think of everything that would (could) happen if you did this..Pros and Cons..We had lots programs come and go..What if Study is still there..Looks like your really enjoying it and thats a good thing its a (can be ) a Life long hobby ..My Boat/water life started with NAVY and now I'm 67 and enjoy boats (Tin Boats)as much now as the day I got my first.And its something you/wife/GF/kids/friends can all do and enjoy...Looks like you got a great starter boat and DEAL..cva34

ST3VE

Maryland Tinboat

Post by ST3VE » 21 Mar 2013, 09:26

Just picked up 55lb thrust MinnKota, deep cycle battery, and a handle extender from craigslist for $200. This weekend (weather permitting) I will be adding the carpet to the deck of the boat. Just received the stickers for the boat!

God I am EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D