Maryland Tinboat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ST3VE

Reaction score
Hi my name is Steve. I am 30 and love to fish. I have always been a avid pond and shore fisherman until last August when I was on craigslist looking for a kayak when I came across this 16' Mirrocraft semi-v, with a 9.9 mercury short shaft. Motor, Boat & trailer all for $800. Shortly after the purchase I went and earned my boaters license. Now its on with the boat. I have used it a few times then I got cold out... but now that it is warm and I have got it uncovered and out once so far... I love this thing!! After using it a few times and getting the hang of things, I am taking it nice and easy until I get the hang of it all.
I really want to add a deck here soon to the front so it would make for more easy fishing.

This is all I have as far as pictures go so far.. more will come very very soon as I plan on using this thread as my build page.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 729
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 729
  • bbb.jpg
    bbb.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 729
  • bbbbb.jpg
    bbbbb.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 729
I just got my 1st boat a few months ago & found this site. Tinboats.net has been a tremendious help in getting me on the right track. You are going about it the right way taking it easy until you get the hang of things. The second time out with mine I wiped out a prop, but I don't think it could have been avoided as there was nothing showing in the water.

I'm having time of my life with mine, I did have to learn to fish again, fishing from a boat was a little different than fishing from the bank for me. Most of the time when fishing from the bank I would fish tight line off the bottom or maybe drift a bobber. I like fishing with live bait like worms and minnows or crickets.

Anyway welcome to the forums, read through the build threads to get ideas of what to do to yours. Then when you get ready if you have questions ask away, someone here will be able to steer you in the right direction.

:WELCOME:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have lurked on many different forums but it seems to be I like this one the best. I am picking up some 18" posts for swivel seats and 4 cleats tomorrow that I found on CL for $50. Next step is to deck the front of the boat out. I have looked at a few builds and want to lean toward the way that Fudoshin & ohiolunker went with their builds.. my boat is a little larger then their boats but going with the same ideas because I really like the builds that those guys did.

A question I have is where do I go to get 2 tinboat.net stickers?

Just ask Jim, you know it seems to be the rite of passage to slap that sticker on the hull when she is all finished. Good luck, welcome once again.....you will change your mind several times during your process, I guarantee it.....we all do. :D

God. I have already changed my mind on a few things already since I have had the thoughts in my mind. haha. I will have to ask Jim when my boat gets finished. I want to put a few logos on the inside of the hull above the deck.

Hey Steve....welcome to the TinBoat family. We're happy to have you on board.

That's a really nice, clean looking boat you have there. Take more pics as you start your project....we love pics.

Welcome Steve!

I started the same way...looking for a yak and ended up with a boat. Actually, two boats. One in the water and one still working on. Looking forward to watching your build.

Welcome!

Tony

Pictures as promised 8)

Attachments

• 0613121240.jpg
    0613121240.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 645
  • 0613121241a.jpg
    0613121241a.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 645
  • 0613121246.jpg
    0613121246.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 645
  • 0613121246b.jpg
    0613121246b.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 645
  • 0613121246c.jpg
    0613121246c.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 645
  • 0613121246d.jpg
    0613121246d.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 645
Hey man! I am from Harford Co. I usually drop in at the marina in Joppatowne. I have been thru Havre De Grace and Conowingo.

welcome aboard. it's a nice boat you got.

it would be awesome to see your boat evolve, from now until you're done, all in one topic..i think you better request the mods to move this thread to the modification forum if you intend to make it your build thread........

Kismet said:
(You know, that boat is just fine as it is.)
:roll:
what he said........... but we are in tinboats.net

We run the Susky flats each spring for striper and fish teh Conowingo area for shad

Nice looking boat - lest go catch some flatheads!

Well it has been awhile since I have posted. I have lurked many times since then. However a lot has changed since then. I decided to trade in the old boat for a Tracker Topper 1432. It seemed that the old boat was too large for me to fish out of and control. I decided on the 1432 because it is a flat bottom and it draws much less water. I just finished decking it out and painting the interior white. I have the carpet to install on the deck so hopefully this weekend I will be able to install that and begin painting the exterior of the boat. Think I am either going to just refresh the green or possible mimic the Toyota Truck Fishing Team boat. haha. I know it would be ridiculous but lets be honest... it would be pretty sweet if I was able to do it.

Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 148
  • image-2.jpeg
    image-2.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 148
Welcome Here and to Boating. Glad you took the boating course.Little education never hurts anyone, matter fact a lot don't either.All I have to add is when your thinking Mods think it out(day and night) I fix more stuff when I have a sleepless night ..We had a Thing at work it was called the( What if Study) where you try to think of everything that would (could) happen if you did this..Pros and Cons..We had lots programs come and go..What if Study is still there..Looks like your really enjoying it and thats a good thing its a (can be ) a Life long hobby ..My Boat/water life started with NAVY and now I'm 67 and enjoy boats (Tin Boats)as much now as the day I got my first.And its something you/wife/GF/kids/friends can all do and enjoy...Looks like you got a great starter boat and DEAL..cva34

Just picked up 55lb thrust MinnKota, deep cycle battery, and a handle extender from craigslist for $200. This weekend (weather permitting) I will be adding the carpet to the deck of the boat. Just received the stickers for the boat!

God I am EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Latest posts