Ohh the wife would kill me...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigkat650

Reaction score
I've clicked on this about 15 times over the past 2 days... If the motor has decent compression, it would be a fun simple little resto and the trailer is practically new.

https://elmira.craigslist.org/boa/3030122748.html

I need to avoid craigslist like it's the plague since I am so tempted, because--'my wife would kill me!'

It is easier to ask for forgiveness then it is permission! Although currently I have too many projects as it is, and our first baby is due in 2 months so I need to finish the projects I have before I take on any more!

I feel you have to weigh your options on this.
1. How mad would she actually be?
2. How long would she be at said level of "mad"?
3. How comfortable is the couch in the living room?
Good Luck buddy!!

First baby in two months?

She will NEVER forget it if you get that boat now.

Never.

Men are simple: we sweat and lust.

Women have main-frame memories and recall the moment you first looked at her in the store, over the record counter, wearing the red shirt with white slashes, and your hair was falling down on your forehead and you brushed it off, and looked self-consciously to see if anyone noticed and your eyes caught and you gave her a hint of a smile and....

Have the baby, forget this boat.

Trust me.
:?

I agree and disagree with Kismet.

Family is first, that's for sure ..... but that doesn't mean focusing on family to the exclusion of hobbies.

Men NEED an outlet .... we straight up need to have something to tinker with. A good woman will understand this and want you to have your tinker time.

But, its all about balance. And balance is different for everyone.

But with all that crap aside .... buy the stinking boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote buy it low ball cash if possible, store it at a buddy's place until AFTER the baby is born, then bring it back over when she's preoccupied with the new one.

:mrgreen:

now i am curious and it has been removed...... my wife has killed me many times...... but i keep buying things. heck i bought my boat while she was pregnant. wasnt good. but i survived

I couldn't pull the trigger :oops:

I'm still having issues with my first boat, i've launched it twice now and both times I couldn't get the motor ( '58Johnson big twin) to do much more then idle and shake when I gave it some gas. I think its running on 1 cylinder. Needless to say with that continuing project, and preparing the nursery (i'm painting a mural on the wall--that i'm currently behind on--thanks to working on the boat), and working 48 hours every week; I really shouldn't spread myself any thinner then I already am.

It's too bad, it would have been a nice project! Maybe over next winter i'll pull the trigger on an upgraded boat, as this 14 footer is a little small for the larger lakes in the area.

Latest posts