Need help picking out boat for the whole family

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstallings

Reaction score
I've been running a customized Lowe 1448 big jon for around 12 years. I have a 2005 or 2006 tohatsu 25hp on it. It has worked great for me and my 5 yr old son, but my wife wants to start going with our daughter. She mainly wants to trout Fish since we live so close to the Little Red and White River in Arkansas.

I need a boat that can accommodate my whole family (2 Adults and 2 Kids). I've considered an actually fiberglass 20ft trout boat, but I'm not sure I want that. What brand of aluminum boat has the most floor room in it? I would like to use my current 25hp motor on it. I think I want at least want a 1648. Not sure I can go any smaller than that, but I not sure my 25HP Tohatsu will adequately push more than that. I’ve got used to running 28-30mph in my 1448. I guess I want a boat that is not overly heavy and has an open design.
Any thoughts...

Thanks for your help!

I always thought this would be a good family boat....lots of room. You would have to upgrade your motor. Lots of potential with this style of hull, if you can find a used one.

https://www.lundboats.com/boats/2011-aluminum/1650-renegade-boat

Latest posts