I'm so off my game

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I suppose everyone has to have one of THOSE days - mine just happened while I was taking my two youngest (7 and 10) fishing. We left late - my fault. Pulling into the launch I took the turn too close and tore off a trailer light - took a few minutes and fwd/reverse cycles to get it around the pole. Couldn't back in properly to launch. Finally launched and forgot to put the drain plug in the boat. Drained boat and realized no rods were rigged so had to do that while they waited. Didn't check the weather first and realized on the lake the wind was gusting to 25 mph. Anchors pulled loose 3x with all my rope on them to get them down. Finally tried to move... after dark - but I have GPS, backtracked, re-backtracked finding it was windy most places. Finally found a spot out of the wind, but in 12 fow (too shallow for what I need), dropped a light and had small things there right away. Had 2 minnows show up in 25 minutes - and those were probably ones that I dropped in the water. Wind shifted and pulled an anchor loose 2x. Finally decided to call it a night. Hit the other trailer light on the dock backing in (but no damage done). Almost hit a deer on the way home. Whew!

Two good things, I kept my cool through it all and the endless questions my 7 year old can come up with AND my daughter caught the only fish we landed today - a small crappie.

Oh man have I been there before :D My 6yr old (soon to be 7) never stops asking questions..... and at the most inopportune times. Dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad........ :lol:

How many times I have told him "son, you and I are the only people in the boat and nobody is within a mile from us. So you don't have to start every sentence with the word dad. I will just assume you are speaking to me when you say something." :LOL2:

2min later..... dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad......... I am a blessed man :D

Well we all leave late every now then but the rest of the day didn't get better. Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you 2 great kids that were just happy to go fishing and you pulled it together. Better luck next time

Latest posts