Right place at the righ time........

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny25

Reaction score
My son and I had a visitor tonight while bass fishing in the back of a bay in North Idaho :) This moose is standing in 6 feet of water eating grass off the bottom. What an amazing evening on the water! Bull moose with the velvet on still.
DSCN6799.JPG
DSCN6796.JPG
DSCN6800.JPG
DSCN6801.JPG
DSCN6803.JPG
DSCN6794.JPG
DSCN6804.JPG

Hey i just saw 7 of those things in Wyoming by the east entrabce of Yellowstone. Simply awesome. Also drove through the Idaho panhandle on my way to Washington. I am in love with that area. Now to find a job lol

shamoo said:
Thats so cool!!!! bet theres no fish in that area.

Yeah he spooked all the fish, but that didn't bother me. We were in his house sorta speak :D

Jim said:
You dont see that too often!

I was trying to explain to my 6yr old how rare it was to be this close to a moose in the wild but I don't think he understood :lol: We spent about 30 min just watching him eat off the bottom. It wasn't until the moose left did I realize if the moose had gotten upset he could have easily rammed our 14' boat and flipped us. We were within 50ft of him, and I didn't realize how fast he could move in water that deep! My PD V-2 55lb thrust trolling motor would not have gotten us out of the way fast enough if he had decided we were a threat #-o And I wouldn't have had time to fire the johnson up. But he didn't seem to mind us at all. My son had several conversations with him matter of fact :lol:

That is truly awesome!

I'm glad you realized those things are dangerous - moose aren't afraid of anything because nothing gets after them in the wild.

Latest posts