Startin' to hate the wind

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
It's 78 degrees right now and I really should be out fishing, but there ain't no way I'm taking the jon out with the winds gusting to 20+mph today. Saturday's forecast is supposed to be in the upper 40's :roll:

Waterwings said:
It's 78 degrees right now and I really should be out fishing, but there ain't no way I'm taking the jon out with the winds gusting to 20+mph today. Saturday's forecast is supposed to be in the upper 40's :roll:

I agree, It' hard enough to catch fish even without fighting the wind. :evil:

i am gonna be in the minority here. i love fishing in the wind. i really love fishing in local bass tournaments when it's windy. a good steady rain without lightning is even better. wind blown point and rocky shoreline with the wind blowing in on it is spinnerbait heaven. to be fair it does suck controling the boat on windy days.

slabmaster said:
i am gonna be in the minority here. i love fishing in the wind. i really love fishing in local bass tournaments when it's windy. a good steady rain without lightning is even better. wind blown point and rocky shoreline with the wind blowing in on it is spinnerbait heaven. to be fair it does suck controling the boat on windy days.

Agree! :D

Fishing in the wind sucks!!!!!
It might not be bad for you Jim, fishing those tiny little lakes you have up there.
But if you have a 15mph wind on the susquehanna flats it can be nasty 6'rollers is not my idea of fun.

Wayne

redbug said:
Fishing in the wind sucks!!!!!
It might not be bad for you Jim, fishing those tiny little lakes you have up there.
But if you have a 15mph wind on the susquehanna flats it can be nasty 6'rollers is not my idea of fun.

Wayne

Yeah I wont go on big lakes in high winds, The little ones though are awesome on windy days.

The local water I fish (electric-only) is roughly 400 acres and shallow, and when the wind gets going I've seen white caps on that sucker, lol. And it always blows across the ramp making it near to impossible to load the boat. I've spent a few times in the water up to my crotch man-handling the boat onto the trailer #-o . The wind picks up too bad and I fish from the bank :)

Ahhhh gotta love the 20+mph incoming winds on a ripping outgoing Delaware River tide!!! It seemed like last spring and summer was nothing but wind around here.

I'm thinking I won't be going out on Lake Michigan this weekend

SATURDAY
WEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST. RAIN AND
SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. WAVES BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. CHANCE OF SNOW
SHOWERS. WAVES BUILDING TO 6 TO 9 FEET.

SUNDAY
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15
KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 6 TO 9 FEET SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET.

I skipped the fishin for a backpacking trip this weekend. Still fought the wind! 40-50 mph gust.

Attachments

• PICT0037em.jpg
    PICT0037em.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 482
  • PICT0027em.jpg
    PICT0027em.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 449