Rant - Razors

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
4 Razor blades for $16. You have got to be kidding me. This is ridiculous. I use a Gillette fusion that I got for like $8. Four Blades cost me sixteen bucks! :BS:

I hate shaving as it is. I dont care for electric ones, the disposable ones rip my face apart.

It's an old story guys. They give you the razor and charge you up the wazoo for the blades.

Printer manufacturers use the same marketing strategy. They practically give away the printers and then rip you a new one for the ink.

Screw 'em. Grow a beard. :wink:

Yup, I got a "complimentary" one in the mail when I graduated high school. Then when it came time to buy new razors, I was not so pleasantly surprised at the price of the dang replacements. :shock:

I wore a beard for over a year. The wife "requested" I shave it off for the spring (she didn't say for the summer or fall though). Thank goodness I've got a Braun 4501. The only problem is it has a hard time with 2 days worth of growth.

I always have some growth going on too.

img_0616_112.jpg

DocWatson said:
fowlmood77 said:
DocWatson said:
Screw 'em. Grow a beard. :wink:

Can't. Work wont let me :roll:

Then shave once a week. If they complain, tell them you can't afford razor blades on your salary. :wink:

LOL I am a firefighter, it is manditory for us to be able to get a seal on our masks that we have no facial hair where the mask meets our face. But then again I only shave every third day :) before shift

fowlmood77 said:
DocWatson said:
fowlmood77 said:
Can't. Work wont let me :roll:

Then shave once a week. If they complain, tell them you can't afford razor blades on your salary. :wink:

LOL I am a firefighter, it is manditory for us to be able to get a seal on our masks that we have no facial hair where the mask meets our face. But then again I only shave every third day :) before shift

8) Sounds more like a life and death kinda thing. I used to have to shave off my mustache to get a good seal on my mask when I went on dive vacations years ago. Now I shave it off because it's grey !! :(

BTW - Thanks for all you do to keep the rest of us safe.

Hey gut's I am not sure if this work's or not have been thinking of trying but always forget .Here is a link to a tip on how to keep razor blade's sharp for a long time .

https://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=152533

Defiant said:
Hey gut's I am not sure if this work's or not have been thinking of trying but always forget .Here is a link to a tip on how to keep razor blade's sharp for a long time .

https://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=152533

I do that! I change my blades every 3-4 months...hurts like a mother F***er but I'm too cheap. Gonna dip it in alcohol though starting tomorrow.

I use a mach 3 and i shave my head and face twice a week I go to sams club and buy that massive pack they have their saves a few bucks plus I havent paid for a hair cut in like 12 years lol

I shaved my head (to within 1/8") one time before a long deployment. Now there are some guys that look good bald and some should get a toupee. Me, if I start to lose my hair, I'll need to look into the hair restoration stuff.

b1gluke56 said:
I use a mach 3 and i shave my head and face twice a week I go to sams club and buy that massive pack they have their saves a few bucks plus I havent paid for a hair cut in like 12 years lol

Same here! When my brother in law came back from the marines in 2002 he dared me to shave my head. I still have not grown it back.....never will. :D

i use the fusions as well. however, i have some chops and stuff going, so it makes alot less to shave.
i havent cut my hair in 7 years ;)

at all. hehe :twisted:

I take and dry my disposable razor after every shave - hit it with the wifes hair dryer for a few seconds.

So far, I have had a El Cheapo razor last almost two months

Well I rarely use a reel razor anymore, but when I do it is a fusion or mach 3. I like my electric razor/trimmer a lot, it is the only thing that makes me shave once a day, if it werent for that I would be very scruffy. My dad works part time for the post office, they throw out all the samples that were bad addresses and what not, so he takes them home. He brought home so many fusions home that instead of getting new blades for it he just tosses it and opens another razor when one gets dull.

PS Derek grows his locks purely for the sex appeal :?

Electric razor here, as the blade types tear me up. I have to shave everyday for work so the weekends and summers i get kinda scruffy. Have had a moustache since I was in high school. Only shaved it off twice since then. Years ago I had a full beard for 9.5 yrs until the Navy made us shave them off. :roll:

Latest posts