Ahab in crocks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
Ahab texted me a picture of what is apparently himself wearing a variation of the dreaded crock. Now correct me if im wrong but hasn't Jim declared in the past that anyone caught wearing crocks will be instantly banned! May I present exhibit A:

uploadfromtaptalk1342702651936.jpg

Ban him Jim, ban him now before things get outa control!

i used to hate crocs, until my wife bought a second pair that i started wearing to run out and get stuff out of the truck or out of the garage. i now wear them on a regular basis. quick on/off and they dont cost an arm and a leg if i destroy them.

I hate crocs so much... But while searching for a new pair of sandals I found a croc store on vacation in Florida. Apparently Crocs makes a lot of different stuff. I got a pair of these and I don't tell anyone that they're crocs. Lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342709258.791263.jpg

I wasn't a fan or typical Crocs but I came across these at Bass Pro and gave them a try. My pair looks a lot more ragged at all the edges but you get the point:
3790.jpg

I basically only use them when it's hot out and I know my feet are going to get wet and muddy while getting into or out of the boat. They clean off easily in the water, so i don't get mud on my carpet, and they dry pretty quickly. They're a lot more comfortable than wearing big, heavy, waterproof boots in the summer or wet tennis shoes all day, and it's no big deal if I want to get my feet wet to help cool down.

I'll take crocs over any tennis shoe while on the boat.

I've worn a hole in both of my crocs about an inch around on the sole.

I was so happy when my wife got me another pair!

Just remember crocs are good for everything but fishing. My dad slipped on his pair about three weeks ago and cut his finger to the bone at the boat dock. When I say to the bone I'm being literally serious. My Emt skills kicked back in and he was already prepped for stitches before we got to the hospital an hour away.

Never knew I would drop a boat in the water to have to load it back up at breakneck speed and go 70 in a 55 for an hour pulling the boat all the way to the hospital.

Needless to say he got to keep his finger but after fighting an infection he threw away his crocs.... I woulda took um lol

BassAddict said:
Captain Ahab said:
I am offering a limited edition "crock" only photo of myself - signed!

Hes been looking to offloading that ole picture of himself on anyone who can look at it and hold their lunch down at the same time. Believe me, what he got you don't want!

Won't it keep critters out of the barn?

I wear Croc's everyday - 8-10hrs at work (hospital), change to a different set for the ride home, have a set in the house to keep dirt from tracking everywhere. The only time I'm not wearing them is if I'm mowing the lawn or working around things that could tear up my feet (shovels, etc). I even wear them in the winter (when not in boots).

Hands down my favorite footwear, and I was completely against them 4 years ago. Easy to put on/off, reasonably durable, cheap to replace, and comfortable.

AFA the wet/slick - the basic, no-frills ones you can pick up for 30$ are terrible if there's a skim coat of water on a flat surface. You will end up in a heap. All mine now have the food service/deckshoe style tread on the bottom of them now - much better in the wet, and last a bit longer on the pavement. Unfortunately they're not 30$ either, but I've already busted my tailbone once - I don't need to do it again.

:oops:

theyyounggun said:
Wait a minute... can someone tell me why Ahad was sending pictures of his feet and crocs to bass addict? :LMFAO:

I think you're on to something here; why exactly was ahab sending those pics...and what else does bassadidict have on ahab worse than that? :-k

Latest posts