Summer Weed Kill on area lakes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallijig

Reaction score
I was fishin area lake today and noticed all weeds died off, except for cattails and they do not look to healthy either. I bet this can not be good for fisheries? Hope we do not experience summer kills. This lake is a clear water lake at this time it's average depth of 12'-13' some deeper areas around 20". It's around 4'-5' low also. dropped about 2' in last couple weeks of hot weather. Hope this is not sign of future fish kill.

Talked to some fishermen going to shallow 5'-7' local lakes and they have been noticing fish die off.

Anyone else see this on lakes in their area?

We had a huge fish kill on two local lakes - lost a LOT (semi official DNR count was over 600, I think that's low) of northern/muskie and a few other species - fish averaged between 36-48". :x

Water's down a bit, but temps and algae are out of control. The temp today was in the upper 70's at the surface.

MN had some lakes that experienced summer kill (mostly Pike) during the last hot streak. The surface temp was at or near 90 degrees at the time.

Latest posts