Lets see some garages!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverad04

Reaction score
I am in the middle of decking out my garage(should be done this week). I was hoping to see some garages to see what others have done to get some more ideas. So far Ive built some cabinets and benches, added drywall to the ceiling and a coouple lights. I started this project a couple years ago when I bought the house, and am just now getting around to finishing it. I don't have any pictures right now, but will post some when I complete the garage by wed or thurs. What do you got?

-Rob

Mine is 24X24.It houses my lawn mowers,the boat,misc. hardware and auto parts,engines and trans.for my Charger,fishing equipment,grandkids bikes and toys, plus all the tools to do any kind of auto repair,excluding machine work. Sorry,NO PICTURES!

My garage is a converted car port and trust me you don't want to see any pictures, I can barley walk through it. All the work is done in the drive way or under the 2 car portable car port along side of the what's now a garage.

Im at work and board...I found a picture of my shed I just built. The dirt area in front of it is where the old chitty store bought shed was falling apart and I tore down. I got some free granite stones to build a pad in front of it eventially, probably be 2 years from now with all the projects I have going. It's a 12x12 shed with a good size loft for storage.

untitled-1.jpg

We have a small 2 stall garage that serves as my man cave, wood working shop, garden equipment and boat storage. It has never had a vehicle in it. The ceiling fans are a must in Georgia. Just getting ready to clean some fish. The portable work table works really well it is the same height as my table saw so can use it as my off-feed.

Attachments

• garage5.jpg
    garage5.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 916
  • garage3.jpg
    garage3.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 916
  • garage1.jpg
    garage1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 916
Gillhunter,
Thats a pretty cool idea for the home built table, it looks like it folds up for easy storage. Good idea on making it the same height as the saw as well. Thats also a pretty cool rod storage setup you have there. I actually got rid of my garage door openers when I installed the drywall on the ceiling. I figured it would never be used to store cars unless its a project anyways. I have a raised ranch, which is common for the kansas city area, and the garages arnt made for trucks, so I figured I would turn it into a workshop/man cave to escape my old lady when she finds out how much I've spent on things like my boat mod :LOL2: . Maybe the next house I own I can build a decent size garage.

-Rob

Moved into our current house in the spring of '11. Doesn't have a basement so we turned the two car garage into a rec room. Nice to have the extra space, but I could really use that garage space now that I'm working on my boat!!

Before
IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

After
IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

Nice Bigterp, what did you use on the floor? A pool table would be cool, but IDK if I have the room for one. I may end up getting a ping pong table that can double as a beer pong table.

I didn't install the floor. But it is a sort of commercial grade vinyl. It's way thicker than what you would put in your kitchen or bathroom and it has a bit of a texture to it. Perfect for a garage space. Nice and durable.

Love that rec room terp. Very nicely done. I'd love to have another garage to do that with. Right now, I need to clean my garage! BIG TIME! Been putting it off for cooler weather. That might be November.

Silverad04 said:
Gillhunter,
Thats a pretty cool idea for the home built table, it looks like it folds up for easy storage. Good idea on making it the same height as the saw as well. Thats also a pretty cool rod storage setup you have there. I actually got rid of my garage door openers when I installed the drywall on the ceiling. I figured it would never be used to store cars unless its a project anyways. I have a raised ranch, which is common for the kansas city area, and the garages arnt made for trucks, so I figured I would turn it into a workshop/man cave to escape my old lady when she finds out how much I've spent on things like my boat mod :LOL2: . Maybe the next house I own I can build a decent size garage.

-Rob
I know the feeling. We built our last house and had a 3 stall that was 24' x 36'. The one we have now was built in '05 and the garages in all the newer construction seem to be smaller. I attached a couple of more pictures on the folding work table I built. It is a lifesaver in a small space.

Attachments

• table2.jpg
    table2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 815
  • table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 815
Man! Ya'll got some nice man-caves!

Mine is on it's way...but it always seems to be a work in progress and the wife keeps putting her stuff in there. Not to mention, Arizona summers are not the time to clean up/out garages...unairconditioned spaces are unforgiving in our desert heat.

Hopefully I'll get at it soon and post some pics.

Keep up the good work gents!

Hey, nice digs you guys have. I have an oversize 3 car garage housing 3 cars, The Boat (of course) and waaayyyyy to much crap. Last week I sold my 240Z so have only recently discovered the garage floor. Pics to come when some reorganizing gets done.

Didn't quite get done with it, but got a lot done. I hung some more lights and painted a little more. Sorry for the bad pictures, ill get some more when I finish.
IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

Latest posts