Old dog, new tricks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
First, the old dog I'm referring to is me! :lol:

I spent a day getting my glass boat ready for some salt water fishing then spent the next day working in my son's yard. My eyes were burning by the second day in the sun but didn't want to miss out on our fishing trip. My GF had bought me some safety sunglasses meant to be worn over regular glasses while working outside but never really used them as I wear prescription glasses. i brought them anyway and they were great!

These sun glasses cover all of your eyes so no foreign object can enter from the top, bottom or sides. It also keeps the glaring sunlight out completely! The sides even have a small window so as not to lose your peripheral vision. After a day in the ocean, my eyes were not tired at all!

I was never one to buy expensive glasses and especially after hearing the horror stories of those losing, breaking, or having them stolen. Everyone in my area owns a pair of Costa Del Mar's. They start around $100 and average around $200 for a pair.. Tried on a couple pairs and wasn't impressed though I'm not sure which lenses they had in them..

Other day a customer came in and was mentioning he bought a new pair of lenses for his Oakley glasses. VR28 Polarized Black Iridum. Tried them on outside mid day, They were amazing. Now everytime he comes in I ask to try them on.. If I can find the funds I'll be buying a pair. He uses them for work as a deck hand on a off shore cat.

I currently own a pair of Calcutta polarized, $20. Not bad for the price but those VR28's are really really impressive.

Latest posts