...throw, then count to five....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogman Ladue

Reaction score
funny-gifs-russian-boat-grenade-drop.gif

Yer supposed to throw the grenade.

200racing said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I53HMZLrts

That for sure isn't a M79 fragmentation grenade or those guys would be dead water hole or not. Death zone of ~10yd+ even under water.

No question that it's real. Too much going on in the thing after the explosion to fake it.

And, since there's no legitimate reason I can come up with for those guys to be doing what they were doing, I'd have to say they got what they were askin' for. Only wish I could have seen the aftermath. :wink:

That's petty wild. Those buckets sure bailed out of there in a hurry! #-o

I took a closer look & Im pretty sure the guy in front gets his head cleanly removed. His head is just gone. I couldn't capture the frame, but there's one where you can see his head (a blur) flying off the top center left of the screen just after the water hits him.

See what you think............

Attachments

• grenade2.jpg
    grenade2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 749
  • grenade1.jpg
    grenade1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 749
These 2 didn't load right.....

Attachments

• grenade4.jpg
    grenade4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 748
  • grenade3.jpg
    grenade3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 748
docwatson, i was thinking the same thing - he is now headless. the only other thing i can think is that whatever he is wearing wrapped around the top of his body and the resolution is so poor that you cant tell

That for sure isn't a M79 fragmentation grenade or those guys would be dead water hole or not. Death zone of ~10yd+ even under water.

For sure, and the boat would be gone too. I was thinking it kind of looked like a grenade simulator.

bgeddes said:

For sure, and the boat would be gone too. I was thinking it kind of looked like a grenade simulator.

Probably a low impact black powder made for reenactments. I've seen the m79 up close and personal and I've gotta say that is when you absolutely need to destroy everything in your path.

That's why I went to be a firefighter and now I'm disabled because of it. Woulda been sitting pretty with a nice paycheck if I went the other way! But its all good at least I can go fishing any day I want!

Have you seen what a pound of Semtex or C4 will do? Good god that is an explosion! Heck it only takes a good quarter of semtex to drop a nice oak tree!

muffin said:
docwatson, i was thinking the same thing - he is now headless. the only other thing i can think is that whatever he is wearing wrapped around the top of his body and the resolution is so poor that you cant tell
A closer inspection appears to show the top of his head protruding from his collar right after the explosion and another video on YouTube (follow the link and watch the 35 second version for the best resolution and clearest images) seems to show his buddy helping him up when things settled down.

DocWatson said:
muffin said:
A closer inspection appears to show the top of his head protruding from his collar right after the explosion and another video on YouTube (follow the link and watch the 35 second version for the best resolution and clearest images) seems to show his buddy helping him up when things settled down.

finally got a chance to watch it on youtube... training exercise? no thanks

muffin said:
DocWatson said:
muffin said:

finally got a chance to watch it on youtube... training exercise? no thanks
The guy in the back, dropping the grenade, has his hand on the other guy's shoulder, like he's holding him in place to "train him" to absorbe the full impact of the blast. #-o

Latest posts