Site Slow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 7806

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing slowness with the site? It seems to come and go, for instance it just took me better than a minute to connect.

I have also been experiencing slowness when saving a post, again this is intermittent.

I have contacted the hosting company numerous times. They say they fixed it. It was a process on the server that was eating up all the resources. Being in Information Technology, I can tell you it is not fixed. Something on the server (Website, OS process, Maybe even Network) is still having issues. It might be time to start looking at another hosting option......

Stay tuned! :x

Jim said:
I have contacted the hosting company numerous times. They say they fixed it. It was a process on the server that was eating up all the resources. Being in Information Technology, I can tell you it is not fixed. Something on the server (Website, OS process, Maybe even Network) is still having issues. It might be time to start looking at another hosting option......

Stay tuned! :x
I've always had "issues" with the Tinboats site and how it loads (not complaining, just sayin').

I'm not in IT, but have a small understanding of how these things work and IMHO, it has to do with the ads and other graphics. It seems the page loads most of the content and then pauses to locate and post the graphics for the ads on the page or the images in the posts. Kinda like the site loads in 2 stages.

Hope this is of some help in troubleshooting. [-o<

I'm at work offshore so my Internet is already as slow as molasses in February. However, today the site seems a lot faster than yesterday