Starr Custom knives

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddychrist

Reaction score
I haven't finished my forge or got an anvil yet but before I do I figured I should post on here and see who will be interested in a hand forged knife.

It's going to be either leather wrapped or para cord wrapped handle or wood if requested and possibly hard gritted plastic handle for saltwater use. Full tang single piece of steel for the whole knife. Shaped any way you would like.

I am mainly going to produce very small reproductions of miniature Bowie knives in a smaller overall design but keep the shape. Serrated on the back and also a small gut hook if requested.

Also on all the knives because this is for fishing they will all have a fishing line cutter made into the butt of the knife so you can cut it even while still in the sheath.

I haven't figured out the sheath's yet but possibly leather, nylon, and hard plastic poured into a custom design with my Starr logo with a sharpening blade in the holster for every time you take the knife in and out of the holster it will hone the blade.

I haven't figured out the price yet but it will depend on how long it takes me to make a knife. The reason I am doing this is to help pay so I can have my surgery and pay for all of my medical
Bills from my spinal injury from firefighting.

I'm very handy with metal and I know how to forge so this Saturday I am going to auction with the little cash I have and try to buy a used anvil. I have no where near the cash to buy a new one since they are $700 and im sure no one wants to give me the startup cash for a free knife or two.

That sounds like a good idea. Ive made paracord bracelets and stuff alot. Ive recently started wrapping knives. Something else that I did was wrap the stock on my rifle. I made a AR single point sling to. Good luck!

theyyounggun said:
That sounds like a good idea. Ive made paracord bracelets and stuff alot. Ive recently started wrapping knives. Something else that I did was wrap the stock on my rifle. I made a AR single point sling to. Good luck!

Thanks man! I've found a small mini anvil for $25 that is just the right size for what I'm making I just hope the guy still has it so I can get it tomorrow.

Here is the anvil I am buying if it is still available. It's just the right size for my production! And it's only $25!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344576325.202954.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344576334.804094.jpg

Here are some knives similar to what I will be making. I haven't forged a blade in a few years but I know what I'll be doing. These are different hand craftsman that have a similar style that I will be going for. When I get the forge and anvil I will post some photos of the blades I make

Note I did not make these but they are examples of railroad spike knives

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344576664.009797.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344576689.042090.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344576724.991720.jpg

I will not be twisting the handle most likely because it scores the metal and makes it weaker. I'm going for the lifetime blades that are to be passed down for generations. Not necessarily style but longevity and function.

Sounds like a plan!

I was expecting some kind of special knife anvil instead of the regular one. (thats what I get for overthinking) lol
When I was a kid dad just had a couple chunks of railroad rail for an anvil.