Rocket stove!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddychrist

Reaction score
Well guys I've been holding off on posting it hoping to finish it before I post but y'all have been messaging me up the wall asking for it so here it is!

First I cut the section of large pipe for my outer body and cut a hole to fit my inner tube induction port. Then I cut and shaped my L tube and using the piece of metal that I cut on the L tube I used it for the bottom bowl for the bottom of the inner L tube to create induction.

Slowly I using the grinder I removed a 1/8th of an inch off the induction port to allow a smooth fit to the L tube. The outer pipe will receive little to no heat because the gap will be filled with insulation.

This is as far as I could go because I ran out of .30 mig wire and I have a spool of .35 but no tips... I have a miller trailblazer welder/generator that I could use the stick welder from but it will be only used on outer welds because most of the internal doesn't need to be strong just a lot of filler which if you have ever stick welded isn't the best option for filling large gaps.

I should have some tips for the .35 wire and finish the project soon! I just hope I don't run out of argon 700psi left......

Once finished it will make a nice small cooking stove that can boil water, cook fish, and cook whatever you desire only using a handful of wood.

After this one is finished I will be working on a second one to sell. The ones I found online are $120+ so I figure $80 is a pretty good deal considering I'm using much heavier metal than the leading rocket stove producer.

What do you guys think of my progress so far?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344923537.831484.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344923568.697435.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344923585.193114.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344923605.480785.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344923631.378761.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344923650.475941.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344923670.514595.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344923689.155708.jpg

Guys I am sorry I haven't been able to finish this project but when I recover in 6-7 months from the surgery I had a little over two weeks ago I will do my best to finish it completely and show y'all how it works.

Sorry again I just hate starting a thread and letting it go like this.

Found a 10# fire extinguisher over the weekend and was considering building a stove out of it. Pretty heavy duty as it's rated for 550psi. What I'd really like to do though is make a pellet stove out of it that burns sawdust, fed by a miniature clockwork auger.

Latest posts