Chomp! (If blood disturbs you don't look)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooperj14

Reaction score
Well I was fishing one of my secret spots here in tn yesterday afternoon and tearing them up on a sara spook. I had just real realeased about a 3.5 pound bass and was rinsing my hands off in the water and i heard a smack and a huge amount of pressure on my index finger. Out of reaction i ripped my hand back revealing a snapping turtle head and the top of his shell. It scared me so bad i slipped off the rock i was standing on and fell in the pond. After scrambling to get back on my feet and on the shore i decided to look at my finger. It (my index finger) was cut about half way through and the skin was peeled off. I count my blessings that I still have a finger because quite frankly i don't know how I would cast a spinning reel without my index finger :D.

Have a good day, Jack

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 3.34.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 3.34.18 PM.png
    611.1 KB · Views: 1,849
WOW - that will teach you to wash your hands [-X

I always think about that whenever I am fishing the weeds - try and keep my stuff away from likely snapper spots

Ouch! Me and most other fisherman all rinse our hands in the water. That's a heck of an experience. Glad you can still count to 10

That had to hurt, glad it wasn't worse and your still have all your pinkies. Hope the snapper can't snap anyone else.

Think I'll just leave my hands dirty and wash them when I get home.

Jim said:
Turtle man.....LIVE ACTION! :lol:

Glad you still have your digits!
HAHA thats the first thing that popped into my head
images