Gmac financing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
Can anybody please tell me how to get somebody who actually speaks English as a first language on the phone?

I'm trying to pay off my truck loan. These idiots have messed everything up ( I do the auto payments ). Been on the phone with the Indians 3 times this month asking why I haven't recieved any of the paperwork they were supposed to send me. The last Indian told me her name was Jane smith HAH!

Instead of sending me a bill they postpone (sp?) the autopay, haven't recieved any paperwork they said they'd send me 3 times now, and then have the balls to tell me I can pay off with a credit card with a $60 late fee and a $40 fee for paying over the phone.

Now I've got a dang bill collector calling me because " I haven't made last months payment " LOL

Gmac is a friggin joke, if your in the market for a new car, house, anything do yourself a favor and stay away from them.

Anybody have advise on a good financing company who doesn't have off branches in 3rd world countrys? Yea..., I know I should of stayed local with my truck loan. Live and learn !

Were trying to get serious on buying a house and gmac has been a real thorn in my ***

Did I mention all this is because I can't understand some Indian who probably just learnt English a few weeks ago, and they can't understand me

Loggerhead Mike said:
Anybody have advise on a good financing company who doesn't have off branches in 3rd world countrys?

Sorry to hear about the hassle.

USAA has been great to me. Insurance, loans, banking, etc. Not sure about 3rd world branches, but I always get a native english speaker on the phone (so far). I also have accounts with Navy Federal Credit Union and they are fine too.

when i got my truck financed throug toyota, i found out that my insurance company would finance it and they offered a much lower rate. it might pay to check into that. that was when i was with farm bureau, with state farm now

Loggerhead Mike said:
Can anybody please tell me how to get somebody who actually speaks English as a first language on the phone?

I'm trying to pay off my truck loan. These idiots have messed everything up ( I do the auto payments ). Been on the phone with the Indians 3 times this month asking why I haven't recieved any of the paperwork they were supposed to send me. The last Indian told me her name was Jane smith HAH!

Instead of sending me a bill they postpone (sp?) the autopay, haven't recieved any paperwork they said they'd send me 3 times now, and then have the balls to tell me I can pay off with a credit card with a $60 late fee and a $40 fee for paying over the phone.

Now I've got a dang bill collector calling me because " I haven't made last months payment " LOL

Gmac is a friggin joke, if your in the market for a new car, house, anything do yourself a favor and stay away from them.

Anybody have advise on a good financing company who doesn't have off branches in 3rd world countrys? Yea..., I know I should of stayed local with my truck loan. Live and learn !

Were trying to get serious on buying a house and gmac has been a real thorn in my ***

Did I mention all this is because I can't understand some Indian who probably just learnt English a few weeks ago, and they can't understand me
Are you dealing with Ally or GMAC ???

Here's a page with some links that may help you get what you need. Good luck and don't let them trash your credit for their mistake !!!

https://www.bessed.com/gmacpaymentcenter/

Whenever I phone for customer service or help desk and a yahoo comes on saying, "Hello, my name Peggy", I immediately hang up and redial. It seems later in the day the better the chance to get someone speaking Ameriglish.

May work, or may not.

When confronted with similar situation, as soon as possible I ask to speak to the Supervisor.

Keep going up the food chain until you can converse.

Best wishes.

I have financed several cars and two houses with my credit union. Heck, they even handle my retirement funds! I've had accounts at Bank of A_ _ _ _ _ _ twice and both times they were screwed up.

Anyway, I know what you mean. A couple of days ago I received a solicitation call and couldn't understand a word of English that person was saying. I asked who they represented and that I couldn't understand what they were saying and the caller just hung up.

New River Rat said:
Whenever I phone for customer service or help desk and a yahoo comes on saying, "Hello, my name Peggy", .
LOL! :mrgreen:

Sorry for the rant fellers, I was p-o'd earlyer. Went for a good motorcycle ride after work came home and checked out those links and hopefully all is straightened out by tomarrow.

Really appreciate the advise and hope mores to come.

Doc- its ally, I completely forgot

I opened an account with the nc credit union alittle over a year ago. They're not the cheapest as far as rates, but I like the fact that I can go in and talk to somebody in person. Had my boat loan threw them, paid it off last week; took all of 5 minutes

Loggerhead Mike said:
New River Rat said:
Whenever I phone for customer service or help desk and a yahoo comes on saying, "Hello, my name Peggy", .
LOL! :mrgreen:

Sorry for the rant fellers, I was p-o'd earlyer. Went for a good motorcycle ride after work came home and checked out those links and hopefully all is straightened out by tomarrow.

Really appreciate the advise and hope mores to come.

Doc- its ally, I completely forgot

I opened an account with the nc credit union alittle over a year ago. They're not the cheapest as far as rates, but I like the fact that I can go in and talk to somebody in person. Had my boat loan threw them, paid it off last week; took all of 5 minutes
The more of us that move our business out of the big banks and into small, local banks or credit unions the sooner we can expect some financial relief.

I'd been with one of the big banks since it gobbled up the regional bank in '92 that gobbled up the local bank I started with back in '85. Never gave it a thought until they started charging me fees for everyday banking. Bank fees are BS. I'm sure we all can remember the bank business model we grew up with. Pay interest on deposits, collect higher interest on loans and the spread is the profit. Simple, fair, no-nonsense way to do business. When they wouldn't offer me a competitive rate on a mortgage refi earlier this year, I pulled my money out and went with a local bank (2 branches) that gave me a .25% better rate on the loan and is paying me .49% more on my deposits. AND... I can walk in (the bank is a block from my home) and talk to my loan officer or any other live person, almost any time, without a wait !!! 'nuff said !!!!

I had trouble with a company outsourcing to India. Their representatives were unable to help and when transfered to a supervisor no one would answer or the call would drop. After several attempts I decided to take the next step and file a claim with BBB.org. About a week later an english speaking supervisor called me and fixed the problem in addition provided me a corporate office contact if I were to have troubles again I could get in direct contact.

Latest posts