Craig's List flakes

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
nomowork

Craig's List flakes

Post by nomowork »

Wow, why do people call or email if they have no intentions of even buying. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to bartering. Geez! :roll:
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED

Johny25

Craig's List flakes

Post by Johny25 »

It goes both ways with CL. The people selling are just as flaky when it comes to not returning emails, giving no contact info and false advertising. Not to mention the crack head dopers that are selling items to get high, and sometimes it isn't even their stuff to be selling lol.....

I have been on both sides whether selling or buying and it can be a mess either way :(
BOATS:
2002 Lowe 1467t
1988 Bluefin Sportsman 1900
1989 Spectrum 1900

MOTORS:
69' 6 hp Evinrude
71' 6 hp Johnson
85' 90 hp Evinrude
87' 9.9 hp Johnson (modified to 15hp)
88' 25 hp Johnson (modified to 30hp)
93' 120 hp Johnson

bgeddes

Craig's List flakes

Post by bgeddes »

I have had fantastic luck selling on CL. I sold a kayak and a Jeep for asking price or more. Sure there were some tire kickers, and idiots that wanted me to give the stuff to them, but most inquiries were sound. Giving a detailed description and good pictures helps.

theyyounggun

Craig's List flakes

Post by theyyounggun »

I dont even ask about thinks on CL usually if it dosent have a pic :roll:
To be Named... 1436
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 50#p278750

1982 Mariner 9.9 Two Stroke

If lines ain't flyin you ain't tryin!

J.P.

Craig's List flakes

Post by J.P. »

bgeddes wrote:I have had fantastic luck selling on CL. I sold a kayak and a Jeep for asking price or more.
:shock: wow, fantastic luck indeed!

no CL here, but there is an equivalent site so i can relate.

i have an alternate email add that i put on my ads, so i can "filter" the serious buyers easily and ignore the garbage inquiries/offers....i used to openly post my phone number for faster communication, but i've had it with all the crazy poeple calling and texting....

nimmor

Craig's List flakes

Post by nimmor »

J.P. wrote:
bgeddes wrote:I have had fantastic luck selling on CL. I sold a kayak and a Jeep for asking price or more.
:shock: wow, fantastic luck indeed!

no CL here, but there is an equivalent site so i can relate.

i have an alternate email add that i put on my ads, so i can "filter" the serious buyers easily and ignore the garbage inquiries/offers....i used to openly post my phone number for faster communication, but i've had it with all the crazy poeple calling and texting....
I see your from the Phillippenes and you actually do have Craigslist there.
https://manila.en.craigslist.com.ph/

nomowork

Craig's List flakes

Post by nomowork »

Looks like I have a prospective buyer for my glass boat.

I did have two calls this morning for something else for sale. I had a complete description and a link for the item to see and read about them if purchasing brand new. The two callers still asked questions which the answers were right in the ad! Doesn't anyone read anymore? Off the soapbox now.......................
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED