FORUM UPGRADE Round 2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you guys liked the forum, Say goodbye to it. I am going to a new hosting Company and upgrading to the newest Version of the software. Things will be a little different, But I think the added features and enhancements will make it worth it.

This change will not happen overnight but it is coming.......

The support for this version of the software is ending at the end of this year anyway.

Say it aint so Mr. Jim

Actually, I look forward to the change - the hosting company sucked caviar (Flounder, that means Fish Eggs :eek: )

redbug said:
oh great more issues are coming!! I can't wait. I hope this time is painless...

:shock: I'm not feeling the love redbug! Say it isn't so. The project has not begun and your going to jinx it. I told you I got the best of the best working on it.

Oh and a couple more tiny things. :D

There is a good chance chat is gong away, and the Calendar thing is too. I don't like that particular calendar. It did not have the feature set I wanted.

Bring it on! :D

I'm assuming that means all of our old posts will be gone as well and we will have to re-register?

G3_Guy said:
Bring it on! :D

I'm assuming that means all of our old posts will be gone as well and we will have to re-register?

Never, I am not that cruel....The worst that might happen is you need to delete your cookies and temp cache again.

I wish I knew how to build and repair websites. There is nothing worse than waiting for someone to perfect your site and for you to be unhappy with it. I am sure it will be awesome when it is done.

BlueWaterLED said:
I wish I knew how to build and repair websites. There is nothing worse than waiting for someone to perfect your site and for you to be unhappy with it. I am sure it will be awesome when it is done.

The guy that does the work on the forum software is there all the time...he is the man :beer:. If I had to pay for real commerical type support for this site...I would be in the hole for sure.

The hosting company is another story... I am just a number to them, so I am not that important. When you open a ticket and tell them there is an issue happening to all the members from around the country and they tell you its you and your PC...enough is enough.

The home page I did myself and I suck at that too. That is also being worked on by some web guy, but he is busy and I am secondary (we agreed to that). He sends me updates when he can work on it and it looks good IMO. Plain but nice.

I got nothing but love for you Jim.... I'm sure things will go better this time.. besides i now have my passwords written down

Wayne

Latest posts