TinBoats.net is moving to a new hosting provider.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am moving the site to a dedicated Virtual Private server. It will triple the monthly hosting fee :( , but worth it in my opinion. Not having to worry about someone else's website taking down the shared server is awesome.

So to transfer 12+GB of data from one hosting company to another is going to take a long time....It is what it is. After the homepage, forum, email, photo gallery, tapatalk and all the other stuff are moved over and tested, we will then change the name servers over.

What does all this mean? It should be seamless. But working in the IT field I can tell you for sure there will be some hiccups.

You might have to delete your old cookies, but I am not sure of that.

In any case email me at [email protected] if you are having issues after the move and I will help you get fixed up.

Good luck hope all goes well. It will be nice to have TB on it's own server. Need any help testing or anything give me a holler. I hope it's going on a Linux server, much better IMHP.

I spent 20 some years in IT and your right for what ever reason the best laid plans always see to find cliches

Yes Linux based. \:D/

100GB of Space, 6000GB of Bandwidth, 2048 Ram

100% uptime guarantee (no such thing really, you know.....being in IT)

Also just found it is 16GB of Data moving.......ouch.

Sounds like a nice improvement. Especially if we don't have to "wait on the server" anymore.

BTW...I posted this yesterday. :roll:

I have disallowed attachments and avatars to allow my guy to move 91,000+ files (16 GB) from the old host to the new host. We dont want to miss any so none will be allowed to be added.

The move has begun, so you might notice even more of a performance hit.

BassAddict said:
Captain Ahab said:
Can you disallow BassAddict? That would really speed things up!

A far better idea would be to disallow Ahab, the site would still be slow cause im here, but far less annoying.

See, he is clogging up the site with unneeded (and unwanted) posts! Disallow BassAddict!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Ahab said:
BassAddict said:
Captain Ahab said:
Can you disallow BassAddict? That would really speed things up!

A far better idea would be to disallow Ahab, the site would still be slow cause im here, but far less annoying.

See, he is clogging up the site with unneeded (and unwanted) posts! Disallow BassAddict!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jims IT guy must of forgotten cause im still here!! Question tho, where did all the pictures go?

We are moving the site to a dedicated Virtual Private server because we have outgrown our current "home" which was a shared server with a bunch of sites on it. For the last couple of weeks there has been really slow page loading and wait times. The hosting company was giving me the run around even though all the members (from around the country) were complaining. The hosting company said it was just me and my network. :roll:

I do this for a living, and check my site from multiple locations. I know within 2 minutes when the site is down or acting funny. I get alerts, emails, text messages. :LOL2:

Paranoid? Maybe........

so the future holds a dedicated server with no one to mess with us anymore! :beer:

Jim said:
Back for the most part! :beer:

The attachments are being worked on. If you notice anything else, please report it here.
Jim.... only thing I notice is that the site is too **** fast !!!!! I'm older and I just can't keep up. :oops: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Congratulations on a GREAT upgrade to an already GREAT site !!!! =D> =D> =D> 8)

Jim said:
Attachments should be resolved within the next 12 hours.

Some small back end Bologna issues but going good so far.
"back end Bologna" ???? Local slang for Pain in The *** ??? :wink: :roll: :LOL2:

Latest posts