One of those Monday's!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahunter

Reaction score
Well with around 10-12" of rain my weekend wasn't much of a weekend although I did spend some time with the family. Work today is sucking and just like every other day ID RATHER BE FISHING! but today you can multiply that. Considering using PTO to just go pick up the boat and go (with or without permission) but I'm trying to talk myself into staying. That's not working all too well though. Who else is having one of those Monday's where if the breeze blew just right you'd leave work, pick up the rods and just wind down?

I hear you all loud and clear...I often feel the same. But to look at it anther way, there are way too many of us who cannot go to work under any circumstances, whether because of the current economy or personal circumstances. And they often face really daunting consequences. So I sometimes grumble and mumble on Mondays, but I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.

In bed by 11pm(Sun),up at 2:30am(Mon),just worked 12 hours...hooking up my boat,fishing till dark,then crash Tues.after work. Wed.same as Mon,Thurs same as Tues,then it's Fri and the weekend.Days fly bye...I think

on this particular monday (today) i was attaching the trailer to my truck and was in a hurry to get my boat to my parents house - safer there during this upcoming sprinkle that Louisiana is about to experience.. well i set the keys to the boat on the bumper after i locked the hitch and drove off with the keys sitting on the bumper... drove up and down all the roads and cannot find them. luckily have a spare, but very frustrating - ruined me day...

I got off work early at 1pm in hopes to go fishing. Went home, wife asks me watch the baby while she cleaned. Done. I go into the garage around 3:30pm rig up 3 rods and feeling good. Grab some tackle, open garage door to put my stuff in the boat and hook it up and the sky is dark. Looks like another storm. One of these days...maybe I'll have to wake up like im going to work and go to the lake instead. So that way she can't make any plans for me.

vahunter said:
I got off work early at 1pm in hopes to go fishing. Went home, wife asks me watch the baby while she cleaned. Done. I go into the garage around 3:30pm rig up 3 rods and feeling good. Grab some tackle, open garage door to put my stuff in the boat and hook it up and the sky is dark. Looks like another storm. One of these days...maybe I'll have to wake up like im going to work and go to the lake instead. So that way she can't make any plans for me.

Yep. Its flippin raining here again. I swear my crawl space will never dry out. Got 2 feet in the garage and the whole crawl space was flooded on Saturday. I did catch a this large mouth this morning though while I dropped off the baby at my parents house which live on a pond.

I took PTO :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346100872779.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346100872779.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 677
bcbouy said:
i just got back yesterday from a month of fishing/camping. today is killing me.i haven't worn socks for a month let alone work boots.

Now that's just not fair to share info like this. Make something up like I was gone for a week....four times in a row...but this is just hurtful! :roll:

And what's even funnier:
The storm didn't last long. And it was light enough that I would have fished through it. The wife falls asleep on the couch at roughly 4pm and doesn't wake up until 6:30. Being an awesome husband i let her be. Whatever, thats part of marriage i guess and of coarse an infant. By that point I knew I wasn't taking the boat anywhere, which I accepted (lake closes at 7:41) . she wakes up to me finishing up dinner while taking care of the baby and asks me an honest question...."are you going to go fishing?"

Hahahaaa, some people's kids.

Latest posts