Launch Fee

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basstender10.6

Reaction score
The marinas around me charge $25 for a luanch, which might not be bad for someone with a big speedboat, but thats $50 a day for me in a 11' boat. What are you guys paying?

$25 is absolutely ridiculous. Do they wear a mask when they take your money? Why would that be $50 a day for you?

I do not fish any lakes where I have to pay to launch.

Our ramps are free, part of what our liscense fees go too.

I do fish a smaller lake with only 1 private access ramp, he charges 5 bucks a truck or 10 for truck with trailer, doesnt matter if you stay for an hour or all weekend.

$50 bucks to launch aught to come with valet parking and a wash and wax when your done

$25 is crazy ridiculous. We have lots of public ramps, they get busy but at least they're free. The one fish camp I frequent is $5, or free if you camp $25/night. But the launch fee includes use of their fish house, they also have restrooms and a reasonably priced gas and bait/supply shop on site as well.

If I remember right, your not allowed to pump your own gas in New Jersey. Does the government let you launch your own boat? :roll:

If a marina tried to charge me $25 to launch I would have a hard time not punching the person in the face for trying to rob me. That is absurd. The most I have ever paid was $6 and that included a $1 tip.

We had some private ramps that charge $5 also. They also sold a season pass for around $50.
This was a lake that come up few yrs ago fast and did not have a decent public ramp.

Andy Taylor said:
I'm still trying to figure out how a $25 launch fee = $50 a day. :?:

Same

We have a few launches here that charge $3-$5, but $25? i wouldn't be able to do that, not with the price of everything else, gas, gas, gas - thats not worth it

Are you having them lift your boat off the trailer and place it in the water or are you using a ramp ??

You must be fishing Lake Hopacong? Even still the launch fee for a resident is $20.00

The only place I paid even close to that was Higbees Marina in Fortesque (I think it was $15.00) But they use a railway launch - you drive up they lift your boat and put in on the railway into the water - when you come it they have your trailer waiting and pull it out and set it on the trailer - great stuff!

Ido not think you are running an 11 foot boat there?

basstender10.6 said:
The marinas around me charge $25 for a luanch, which might not be bad for someone with a big speedboat, but thats $50 a day for me in a 11' boat. What are you guys paying?

Anytime I have been charged, it was $5 for both in and out. Most are free in IL. With a 11ft boat like you got, why don't you just drag it to the shore and push it in, forget the launch ramp. I did that a few times with my 14ft lund, no big deal. Give the launch ramp crook the bird as you motor by.

Tim

The county park by me charges $2 per day on the weekends & holidays. Other times it's free. All the state ramps I have seen are Free here. I don't think I would even consider paying $25 to launch my boat to many other places to fish.

There are a couple state/county ramps around me that are free but during the weekends or holidays I'd pay not to go near them. Especially over night since tow vehicles have been broken into several times. Local marina's, restaurants, or shops generally charge $5 but I've seen one or two places charge more. The ramp I use now is $8 or $75 annual. Went ahead and purchased it for a year and so far I've used it three times. It expires Aug 2013 so if I keep this frequency it will amount to $2 ea. trip.

The harbor @ Monterey is free, you just pay for parking. Most of the lakes charge 6$ + mussel inspection if applicaple. I'm in the Monterey Bay area California.

With an 11 ft boat I would be finding someplace to launch from the bank. $25 is just stupid high but I see you live in New Jersey :roll: The most I have ever paid is $1 and most are free.

around here we have the army core lakes i believe they are called.
they charge $4 but they are pretty lenient on it

ex: if you have no change they tell you put what you can scrounge some change from your truck

these are my closest lakes to me

and there are free ones which are usually the high elevation lakes

and then there is the main lake where people like to ski and stuff the charge like $15 or so to launch but fishing is no good there

City - $3-5
County - $5
Year pass for the city/county launches depend on residency, but it's usually $25-35, upwards of 60+ for non res.

We've got TVA boat ramps here in E TN, so free launch and load. I called a marina yesterday to see about launching my yak close to an area I want to fish and they wanted $10 to launch a kayak, no trailer, nothing but parking my PU out of the way somewhere. Oh, and they don't open till 10am either. Pfft. sorry bor you guys that have to pay all the time.

Latest posts