I'm back.. Did ya miss me?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
I've been gone for a long time.. sometimes life gets in the way..

I've got a few of you on my facebook friends list and kept up that way.

How has everyone been? I've been great. I dont have my 1988 Alumacraft conversion anymore ( see some of my older build posts). I ended up selling her back in May 2012 with the old 30lb trolling motor and trailer and a few other odds and ends for a mear $1300. The wiring wasnt finished and the buyer wanted me to do that before the sale, I said I'm not a dealer, it's as-is but I will draw you up a wiring diagram of how I would have finished connecting everything to the power panel, volt meter, and master switch.

I took that $1300 and paid my savings account back because a week prior, I had purchased a 1999 Carolina Skiff J14. I guess I'm not a tinboater anymore as both of mine are fiberglass now.

If you all want to see some pics of my Skiff build, let me know and I can post them.

-Jim

I didnt want to post these pics under the conversions page as this isnt a tinboat. Where do you want me to put them?

cyberflexx said:
I didnt want to post these pics under the conversions page as this isnt a tinboat. Where do you want me to put them?

I would still put it in that section, and when I update the master list I will put it under the glass category.

Brine said:
Welcome back cyberflexx =D>

Thanks Brine.

After dad passed away in 2010, I just havent been myself. I stopped going to forums and the only place i seemed to be was Facebook as it was easy to contact family and friends. I was down in the dumps for a long time after losing my best friend to cancer. I got to where i found myself spending more time with my kids and being with family with an occasional fishing day. I got to thinking the other day, wonder what was going on here and wanted to update that I sold my tinboat.

I'll try not to be much of a stranger. I seem to be pulling out of my slump and going fishing alot more than the past 2 yrs..

FYI: I posted pics of my Skiff in the mods forum.