I know the feeling!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/patrick-stewarts-battle-cable-saps-live-154244759--abc-news-celebrities.html

I can sympathize as it took me over two years of complaining for a problem to finally get fixed correctly! #-o

Time Warner cable internet is slow again two nights in a row so called their "tech" support (HA, THAT'S A JOKE BUT AT LEAST THEY SPOKE ENGLISH) and explained to them that the past couple of nights, my download speed has been around 3MBS to 6MBS when testing with Speakeasy.net. They asked me to go to timewarnercable.com/speedtest and wouldn't you know it, 22MBS! They then proceed to tell me that I have the "standard" package which enables up to 10MBS so I asked if 3MBS is considered too slow for the "standard" package but then they say that 3MBS is for the basic package but they confirm that I have the standard package. Huh???????????

After hanging up with Time Warner Cable, I went to speakeasy.net and my download speed was a whopping 2MBS. So, I guess I'm up the creek without a paddle, oh yeah, I forgot it's Time Warner. What was I thinking?

I'm VERY close to cancelling all TV subscriptions and just using an antenna. I pay about $86 a month (very low compared to others) and I still don't think I get even $20 worth of valuable programming to watch. Just not worth it to me.

Good bye Kardashians! I won't miss you at all!

Checked my download speed this morning with Speakeasy.net and it is now at 26MBS so I can only assume that Time Warner Cable cannot keep up with the demand at prime time.

Speaking of "pay tv", my son has it at his house because of poor to no tv reception in the area he lives in. The picture quality is great but IMO, a gazillion channels of boring content is too much to pay for.

fender66 said:
I'm VERY close to cancelling all TV subscriptions and just using an antenna. I pay about $86 a month (very low compared to others) and I still don't think I get even $20 worth of valuable programming to watch. Just not worth it to me.

This is what we do at home. Bunny ears all the way - the only downside is that the only truely reliable highspeed internet option is the cable modem, so they still soak us for $40 regardless. Oh, and they won't toss in basic cable with that fee, that's just the cost of 3mb/s.

It's a racket I swear. :x

wihil said:
fender66 said:

This is what we do at home. Bunny ears all the way - the only downside is that the only truely reliable highspeed internet option is the cable modem, so they still soak us for $40 regardless. Oh, and they won't toss in basic cable with that fee, that's just the cost of 3mb/s.

It's a racket I swear. :x

Have you looked at Satellite? I have Hughes net, they are not perfect but is faster than dial up.

We use AT&T for highspeed internet throught he phone line and never have a problem. We had DISH for tv, pay for 250 channels, and only watch a dozen or so betweent eh wife and I.

We dumped our local cable company almost a decade ago, and haven't regreated it once. Could have gotten it for free when my son worked there, we declined. Their service sucked 10 years ago, and it sounds like nothing has changed.

Hanr3 said:
We use AT&T for highspeed internet throught he phone line and never have a problem.

You must be the exception. Sorry, I worked for ATT for over 35 years and really felt sorry for customers who couldn't get on time service when they were out of service. My GF's brother just recently had to wait over two weeks to get his DSL repaired at his home. It won't be getting any better because new employees are on a much lower pay scale than older technicians. I can't see how they can expect to have quality service if the workers aren't going to be compensated well for their efforts. There are fewer technicians to handle service issues too. I got out at the right time.

As for high speed, nothing around here comes close to cable speed but it is not reliable at times. I also don't use anything on my computer through the air. My GF and her son are computer programmers and network gurus. It's amazing what they can grab out of the air with their laptops.

Be safe out there.

I have looking into the cable internet and getting a older computer and running my t.v.s thruogh that. I have got the jist of it and am still doing some research on it. All the chanels from around the world for just the price of internet :D .

Antenna for me. Use an old computer with a couple of TV tuners for DVR service of all the broadcast tv I want - can record 3 shows at a time. Anything else I want I get from Netflix or DroidTV (push that from my tablet to the tv). Cost is just about $11 month plus high speed Inet. I watch everything commercial free 8)

BTW, I live in the middle of a bunch of businesses, at night I don't compete with many people. Just ran speakeasy speed test and pulled 32Mbps :twisted:

Got dish and really like it except that they took off AMC channel. I won't be able to watch my favorite show "The Walking Dead"!!! And there are no plans to bring it back either!!!!! Got Hughesnet for internet. It is ok but i paymore for it than folks with DSL and they got much better quality. But dsl is not available where i at.

Latest posts