Progressive Snapshot

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
Im looking at buying a new to me truck and decided if I do get it ill go with Progressive insurance. Im also extremely cheap so Im looking at adding the snapshot discount program. Anyone have any first hand expiration with the snapshot program?

My opinion....don't. It's another system of big brother, just like Onstar. Nothing more than a snooping device.

Not only that, but it acts as a black box, it records your driving habits, etc. If you accelerate hard, it might record that as 'aggressive driving' making your rate go up. I'm sure it also has a GPS, so even if you're a careful driver, your rates may go up, simply because of the specific areas you drive in, and their risk level.

I also wouldn't doubt it has a wire, so it can record audio activity in your vehicle, i.e. if you're using a cell phone while driving, and it probably can record the specifics of the conversation, as well.

That's why I think it should be called "RAT-shot" as it rats you out to the insurance companies, the same way onstar could also be used if they wanted to. (Which is why the first thing I did with my GM vehicle was jerk that onstar transmitter out of there and toss it into the santee river)

I don't know where everybody else comes from, but I come from a little town called NOYGDB, and as far as I'm concerned, there's already enough invasion of privacy without inviting more.

BassAddict said:
Im looking at buying a new to me truck and decided if I do get it ill go with Progressive insurance. Im also extremely cheap so Im looking at adding the snapshot discount program. Anyone have any first hand expiration with the snapshot program?

If they record how you drive they will never sell you insurance - OMD you are scary when you are parked in the driveway and we do not give you the keys

Is BA gets a truck I am leaving - moving to an Island where it is safe

he once used a local WaWa as a drive through - they do not offer drive through but when you put the car through the front doors. . . .

he once was pulled over over for drunk driving and he was stone sober.

BA saw a a sign that says, "Lane ends 500 FT," and manage to drive in the lane for another 1/2 mile.

BA once got a call on his cell phone and his Mommy, in a worried voice, says, ''Denny, be careful! I just heard on the radio that there was a madman driving the wrong way on Route 280!''
Denny says, ''I know, but there isn't just one, there are hundreds!''

Captain Ahab said:
BassAddict said:

If they record how you drive they will never sell you insurance - OMD you are scary when you are parked in the driveway and we do not give you the keys

Is BA gets a truck I am leaving - moving to an Island where it is safe

he once used a local WaWa as a drive through - they do not offer drive through but when you put the car through the front doors. . . .

he once was pulled over over for drunk driving and he was stone sober.

BA saw a a sign that says, "Lane ends 500 FT," and manage to drive in the lane for another 1/2 mile.

BA once got a call on his cell phone and his Mommy, in a worried voice, says, ''Denny, be careful! I just heard on the radio that there was a madman driving the wrong way on Route 280!''
Denny says, ''I know, but there isn't just one, there are hundreds!''

Ahab you make him sound legendary like the dos equis guy or chuck norris. i commend you on making your friend look so amazing. lol

Think of Chuck Norris on Oxycotton - he wants to be big and bad - but is unable to move except in slow motion

BassAddict is amazingly annoying - he is the Chuck Norris of annoying

He will cast over your line time and again

he will birdsnest your reel just by looking at it

he will drink the last drink, put the cap back on and leave the empty bottle in your cooler

He will eat the last chip and leave you the crumbs

last, but by no means least, he will break your armrest on your car and not tell you - you will find out when you go to drive and the **** thing falls off and gets stuck under the pedals

The list goes on!

Captain Ahab said:
last, but by no means least, he will break your armrest on your car and not tell you - you will find out when you go to drive and the **** thing falls off and gets stuck under the pedals

The list goes on!

I agree with that list all except this one, I TOLD YOU I BROKE YOUR ARM REST, I even offered to splurge for the $2 block of wood to fix it!

And let's not forget the best one yet. He'll hide catfish bait in the back of your car instead of throwing it in the trash can!

WOW....BA sounds like a great fishing partner. He can fish with me anytime.

Anytime I'm not fishing that is. :mrgreen:

BassAddict said:
fender66 said:
WOW....BA sounds like a great fishing partner. He can fish with me anytime.

Anytime I'm not fishing that is. :mrgreen:

Don't worry fender, id never annoy you. Annoying Ahab specifically, has become a hobby of mine. :LOL:

Okay...we can fish now.

From the last fishing trip when Denny was allowed to drive!

I said drive TO the boat - not ON the boat

image.axd

Captain Ahab said:

image.axd

WOW....is that a picture of Denny standing there by the car? He's got bigger boobs than I expected. Kind of reminds me of my Aunt Judy. :roll:

fender66 said:
Captain Ahab said:

image.axd

WOW....is that a picture of Denny standing there by the car? He's got bigger boobs than I expected. Kind of reminds me of my Aunt Judy. :roll:

That was on a Tuesday, on Tuesdays i go by the name Sue. :lol:

And on second thought why are you checking out your aunt judys boobs!

And on second thought why are you checking out your aunt judys boobs!

First....you don't know my Aunt Judy. You don't want to either.

Second...I was checking out YOUR boobs. No wonder you never leave the house.

BassAddict said:
fender66 said:
Second...I was checking out YOUR boobs. No wonder you never leave the house.

Tuesday nights you can find me at the Starlight lounge, stop by if you're interested. I'll let you buy me a drink!

Well with it being thursday what should we call you? I have always liked the name bambie - oh and by the way green is your color :LOL2: