Sandy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
Just wondering how every one made out during this nasty storm, we faired pretty well, didnt loose electricity and only had a few down branches. We're about 45 mintues to an hour from Atlantic City.

No loss of power here - but other around me did

Few downed trees and such - i am saying prayers for all those families in NJ and NY that got slammed

Looks like a bomb went off in some places - ouch!

Brick, NJ

628x471.jpg

mantoloking
g-us-121031-mantoloking.grid-6x2.jpg

20121031_SANDY_GOBIG-slide-WYDG-LN-blog480.jpg

Belmar

Seaside Heights Pier

99774-014d5.jpg

Unbelievable photos!!! as a kid I remember Seaside Heights having a crabbing pier, use to go almost every weekend. Lets pray for some speedy assistance for everyone.[-o<

I don't think there is gonna be a speedy anything. News this morning is that Seaside Heights probably won't have natural gas service restored to the community for 6-8 months. That's no gas service to anyone living in the community, not just some of the customers !!!!!

The utility itself has asked the Feds for something like 9,000 electric space heaters. It's gonna be a cold winter in Seaside Heights !!!!! And, the new "summer home" there may well end up being FEMA trailers, if Katrina was any indication of the help to be expected.

Anyone hear of any help coming from other countries? You know....like when the good citizens of the USA and our (cough) govt. step up to the plate and send money/supplies to other nations when they are in need?

I hope someone has, but I haven't. :(

Latest posts