New guy from tennessee

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin92

Reaction score
Id like to say thank you for the add,and say hello from tennessee..memphis to be specific..i fished back in hs but quit when i got my drivers lic and discovered the wheel..years later got the itch to fish again....casualy shopped for a flat bottom boat...and with yalls help through the forum i bought a nice 1436 flat bottom ...still not sure what im gonna do to it,,but you can bet im gonna enjoy it.....

Welcome Austin ..... I too am new to the boards, but had to chime in when I saw you were from Memphis? What part of town are you in? I live in the Bartlett/Lakeland area and almost always have an empty seat in the boat, or on the bank. I have 4 teenage daughters so me and my tin boat see the water as much as possible!

Summer/graham area....ive fished last few weekends Out at my aunts in eads..she has a private lake....might hit up glen springs saturday...try Out my New catfish rig and maybe some crappie...cant wait till Spring do some juggin at night....thats my thing

Small world .... Both me and my fiance' were born and raised in that area, and still go to church at St. Stephens at the corner of Macon and Graham. I'm fond of smaller lakes, and actually have a private pond that I have been maintaining the past few years. It's unfished except for me, and I have more than my share of large Bass in it, and an overload of bluegill. I keep just what we eat, so your welcome anytime. I fished Herb Parsons and Glenn Springs both last weekend and had better luck with crappie at Herb Parsons. They gills and crappie at Glenn Springs are dinks. Not much better than Herb Parsons, but a little. If you want some nice crappie hit the lake in Millington on the golf course. There are some slabs in there if you dont mind bank fishing.

Well hello and welcome and my what a crowd we have in the Memphis area. I'm just down the road about 42 miles in AR. Other than going for some catfish on the Mississippi, the closest place I fish to you guys is on lake Wapanocca. The water level was down pretty low from this summers drought but it's normally got some good fishing whether your after cats, crappie, bluegill, or bass. And it's located just off I-55 about 30 miles from the river bridge. Here is a link to more info in case any of you guys want to check it out. https://www.arkansas.com/places-to-go/lakes-rivers/lake.aspx?id=84

I actually visited that lake for the first time this year. Most of the time when I cross the bridge I'm headed to Bear Creek just south of Marianna, and I do that quite often.

Howdy Troller ..... I have family in Chattanooga and I love East TN. Just took a trip over that way a few weeks ago as a matter of fact. Spent some time on Lake Chicamauga and Duck River. Was my first time fishing in that part of TN and I will certainly take the poles next time as well!

llfast4u said:
I actually visited that lake for the first time this year. Most of the time when I cross the bridge I'm headed to Bear Creek just south of Marianna, and I do that quite often.
I had good luck this past spring with the bluegills there. Got my limit (50) or close too it on several trips. The crappie (my main target fish for eating) spawn never materialized, at least not what would be normal, and no one that I know of reported having much luck with them on Wapanocca. I've never fished Bear Creek but I've been wondering how the fishing is there.

The fishing at Bear Creek is always steady. The bluegill are biting strong but their eating size at best, nothing extra special. I did get quite a few nice crappie over there about 3 weeks ago though. Have you ever fished Cold Creek up by Ft. Pillow just on this side of the river? With the string of warmer weather here the past few weeks the crappie are biting like crazy and their LARGE and plentiful.

I've never even heard of it but sounds like it's worth checking out. Crappie is hands down my favorite freshwater fish to eat. Do you happen to know what an out of state fishing license is in TN?

As long as your not trout fishing the out of state is priced like this:

1 day - 8.00
3 day - 16.50
10 day - 25.00
Year - 41.00

It's absolutely worth the trip. That's one of the places I love to go if time permits. I grew up fishing Cold Creek, and its just as great now.

The bait shop / office is closed for the winter so make sure you bring 5 bucks to drop in the fee box. And yes, you need a life jacket in the boat for every person that's in it. Don't have to wear it unless your under 12, but it has to be in the boat.

Latest posts