Another New Howdy From Tennessee!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llfast4u

Reaction score
Hello from Memphis Tennessee!

I've been lurking here for a week or so and got so engrossed in this site, the projects you guys have done, and the general comedy here, that I forgot to introduce myself!

I'm a small business owner and I take every chance I get between work, and chasing boys away from my 4 teenage daughters, to get a line in the water. I also love to hunt, and generally anything that involves being outside. I think the world is too full of cell phones and game consoles, so every chance I get, my girls and I take it outside. I can't express the amount of quality time I've spent with my daughters around our little lake just farting around.

As you've probably noticed by my screen name and my signature, I'm also highly involved in the rescue of retired Greyhounds. I'm a huge advocate for Greyhound adoption, not only here at our local track, but nationwide. Ask me about them sometime, I love to share their stories!

Enough about me .... Lets get to the interesting stuff!

After looking for several years, I finally found an old V-Hull Tin like the one I grew up fishing in with my dad. My dads boat was a 65 Rich Line, and although the previous owner of my new-to-me boat wasn't 100% positive of the year and make, I was quite certain it was as close to my fathers as I was going to get. The boat came with a trailer and a 1981 Johnson 9.9 outboard. The boat was water ready, and I took it out the day after I bought it and ran it. Everything was just like it was explained when it was sold, and although there was a few very minor leaks out on the water, it was nothing that couldn't be easily fixed. The old Johnson ran like a top, and I'm just excited to have found it!

My plans for my boat are to strip and redo the trailer, clean up and repaint the boat itself, and then do some interior mods like flooring and such. I'm still undecided about exactly what I'm going to do to it, but projects are never really finished are they?

Now that I've written a book for you guys, lets get to the good stuff .... PICTURES!

Here is the boat the day I bought it ....

IMAG0063.jpg

As you can see by the primer ..... I had to quickly fab a bow stop and attach safety chains before the trip home.

IMAG0064.jpg

I also had to put in some temp lights for the ride home as well.

IMAG0068.jpg

A quick shot from the bow.

IMAG0065.jpg

I'm going to make a post in the mod forum so I can track progress on the rebuild, but wanted to show pictures of my new-to-me boat in my introduction. Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum. My 2 kids are grown and on their own now but I can't imagine raising 4 "teenagers" at the same time. I bet that's just full of surprises. LoL Looks like a great project boat with lots of possibilities.

Thanks Jim!

I'm thrilled to have found the boards. I loved the "family" atmosphere I found on here, and the projects are all A+

-Tim

Did you paint it yourself?i started Out with my boat and Trailer and promised myself i wasnt gonna paint em..i tend to get carried away.....but think i am gonna take the plung and paint both...maybe carpet the boat.....

It was painted like that when I got it, and It's a rather bad paint job from a can. I'm in the process of building some horses so I can lift it off the trailer and restore both this winter. I have big plans running through my head for both, and since the warm weather will probably be gone shortly, I'm just going to bite the bullet and get started. If we get a warmer day, I have a small lake at the house to kill the itch on :)

Think this weekends gonna be the last weekend Out for me to....gonna give in and break my promise to myself and do some paint,Trailer changes etc.....gonna research what lights need to be on the boat...plan on alotta catfishin at night....

As a young boy, I spent many nights on the riverbanks around here fishing for catfish . The farmers in the area have since taken to raising rice, and that has increased the mosquito population so bad that you can't remain still while outdoors for more than a few seconds. Even if you saturate yourself with DEET, the constant buzzing around your face and ears will drive you crazy. And that has ruined summer night fishing here. Too bad catfish don't bite as well in the fall/winter as they do in the summer time.

I have developed a small "mudcat" problem in my lake. Their not horrible to have around, but they muddy up the lake, and reproduce like rabbits. Their from fairly clean water, so they eat good, but they don't grow very big. Anytime you want to come catch a mess full your more than welcome!

Latest posts