TinBoats 2013 Biggest Loser Challenge!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Most of us have a few pounds to lose, Now is the time to start thinking about New Years Goals and what not. I would like to drop 20-26 pounds (Give me a break, holiday fluctuation :lol: ) by March 1, 2013. You have just under a month to get pumped up and focused. I think I/WE should start January 2, 2013. Starting on the 1st is the dumbest idea in the world! :LOL2:

WHO IS IN?

Everyone can weigh in around the 1st of January and then track progress?

Definitely count me in. I was 226 a few weeks back, and am probably up to 230 now, would love to be 190s, haven't seen that weight since college some 16 YEARS AGO! It will be hard during tax season (my job) but that may keep me from eating my troubles away, especially since my best friend at work is quitting next week.

wasilvers said:
Definitely count me in. I was 226 a few weeks back, and am probably up to 230 now, would love to be 190s, haven't seen that weight since college some 16 YEARS AGO! It will be hard during tax season (my job) but that may keep me from eating my troubles away, especially since my best friend at work is quitting next week.

I'm 226 also! :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

I've weighed 210# give or take 2# for the last 30+ years. I don't want to take the chance of loosing my Adonis look :---) , so I'll sit this one out. I will be checking in from time to time to follow everyones progress and to serve as a cheering section. Good luck to all and I hope you achieve your goals. :beer:

My doctor would be happy if I could lose at least twenty pounds but realistically being retired and on a fixed income, I wouldn't be able to afford new pants! :shock:

Good luck to everyone though. I'll be cheering for you as I munch on my snacks!

nomowork said:
My doctor would be happy if I could lose at least twenty pounds but realistically being retired and on a fixed income, I wouldn't be able to afford new pants! :shock:

Good luck to everyone though. I'll be cheering for you as I munch on my snacks!
:LOL2:

I am in on this - and I have a plan. I am gonna fatten up so that I can loose more!

And I am issuing a personal challenge to Jim - Whoever looses more before the May Striper trip Wins - what do you want to bet?

Weigh in Jan., 1, 2013 - weigh out (on the official IRI Scale) May 11, 2013

See you next year!

Captain Ahab said:
I am in on this - and I have a plan. I am gonna fatten up so that I can loose more!

And I am issuing a personal challenge to Jim - Whoever looses more before the May Striper trip Wins - what do you want to bet?

See you next year!

Blue and white mackerel northbar.....i refuse to buy one. :LOL2:

Jim said:
wasilvers said:

I'm 226 also! :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Make that three of us
. I swear....I really am! Need to be 200 though. I'm IN!

Jim said:
Captain Ahab said:

See you next year!

Blue and white mackerel northbar.....i refuse to buy one. :LOL2:

DEAL! And I will raise that with a Habs Needle in all black!

Well, I've been putting it off repeatedly so this will be as good a time as any to try to stop this weight gain and send it in the opposite direction. Every since I quit smoking back in March the pounds have been piling on at warp speeds. Just a few years ago my son and I both started working out together and I managed to drop 40lbs. I've since gained that and more back, and having just turned 60 a week ago, I know it's going to be even harder to shed the pounds that it was then. So, If I can summon the willpower one more time, I'm
"IN".

Easy to get fat at my job.I don't get out and do physical work much anymore. Seems like every day we cater in the worstest, bestestest food.
Just informed tomorrow morning is breakfast casserole and biscuits and gravy. I'm in.

linehand said:
Easy to get fat at my job.I don't get out and do physical work much anymore. Seems like every day we cater in the worstest, bestestest food.
Just informed tomorrow morning is breakfast casserole and biscuits and gravy. I'm in.

I hear ya! They took me out of the field and changed my title to "Administrator" 9 years ago and I've put on 5 pounds a year ever since!

This might be a helpful hint, even though I'm not participating.

My son who is six feet tall works in the field as an environmental inspector. Yes, it's not a very physically demanding job and he actually weighed about 220 pounds at one point. He decided to lose weight on his own so studied the issue and changed his eating habits. He also bought a complete barbell set with all the associated gizmos for legs and upper body which ran him about $1100 for a professional set. He lost 70 pounds and went from a 36 inch pants to a 32 and his shirt size from XL to S (I don't understand that but he has gained a lot of upper body strength). He also walks his two dogs a mile each morning.

Good luck to everyone!

Lifting weights will build and tone muscle tissue, and make you look more physically fit, but it's not the main thing to be concerned with when it comes to losing weight. Reducing your daily calorie intake to the proper level for your particular body and increasing your metabolism with a sustained cardiovascular workout of some sort (swimming, jogging, etc), are the 2 main things that will cause you to lose weight. Any exercise that gets your heart rate elevated and keeps it there for 30 minutes to an hour per day will do the trick. Changing your eating habits to 4-5 small meals per day instead of 1-3 big meals will also help.

Counting calories seriously sucks, i lost about 30lbs that way and i was constantly hungry, tired and had to work my butt off. If I had to do it over again id follow the diet I follow now (which i lost 10 on since Aug with out trying) lose the wheat, grains and dairy! Eat whole foods, fish, lean meats, poultry fruits and vegetables

Latest posts