Best in the USA????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
What or where is the Best Crappie fishing spot in the USA?

I'm not talking for a "record size fish", but I'm talking about shear numbers of quality fish. If i wanted to add a crappie trip of a lifetime for the bucket list, where would I go?

How about Large Mouth Bass Fishing?

Pike?

Musky?

Best Crappie are the two lakes down the road from me - catch them all day long!

I would say that it would be some place where they do not call them crappie but sac-au-lait

Mille Lacs is the best place for Musky right now. Two possible new state records were released this fall. This is the Guide you want to hire. https://www.muskiebreath.com/ He has put more 50+ pound fish in his boat in the last 10 years than anyone else.

Captain Ahab said:

I would say that it would be some place where they do not call them crappie but sac-au-lait

I would assume one is Ontelaunee, what's the other one, Green Lane outside of Q-town?
Or don't you want to give up secret spots, like Peters cove? :LOL2: I'll respect that!!!!

Jim, speaking of JUST Crappie:

Lake Ouchita or Lake Conway in Arkansas. OR.... Lake Marion in SC. (upper part of Santee-Cooper)
Any of these will produce 2+ pound crappies and tremendous numbers to boot.

overboard said:
Captain Ahab said:

I would assume one is Ontelaunee, what's the other one, Green Lane outside of Q-town?
Or don't you want to give up secret spots, like Peters cove? :LOL2: I'll respect that!!!!

Nope - I very rarely touch green lane and think I have been to Ontelaunee once for carp. No There is a C&R only small lake in MontCo that has a good population on Black Crappie and Lake Galena has both Black and White Crappie in number - really big White's which are a blast

PM me if you want to try for some - I crappie fish from now until spring

Captain Ahab said:
overboard said:
Captain Ahab said:

Nope - I very rarely touch green lane and think I have been to Ontelaunee once for carp. No There is a C&R only small lake in MontCo that has a good population on Black Crappie and Lake Galena has both Black and White Crappie in number - really big White's which are a blast

PM me if you want to try for some - I crappie fish from now until spring

I would have thought Ontelaunee would have been one of your prime spots. I've seen guys catch one on almost every cast, but overall not that big. There are some big ones in there though. I only go there once in awhile, more on ice than open water. As a matter of fact, the last time I was there, there were more guys fishing with tipups, and catching bass, than I had ever seen before. Probablly there were just as many as those that were fishing for panfish. I've had some good crappie fishing at Wallenpaupack.

Latest posts